It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2007, 02:32 PM   #1
(male)

TyFi84 HB User
Unhappy Been to every kind of doc: this is last resort...

Hi. I'm 22, 160 lbs, 6'1", diagnosed w/ ADD and 'giftedness' but in "perfect" health otherwise, and have two sets of unexplained symptoms:
1) I used to get extreme fatigue after eating anything (tried to isolate diet, makes no difference). If I take a short nap (5-10 min.) I'm ok, if not, doesn't go away, not even w/ caffine. Eating fewer carbs helps with fatigue. Over time, this symptom has been replaced by symptom #2.
2) after eating I get a wierd feeling of restlessness, irritability, especially a tight, swolen feeling in face (no actual swelling occurs).
I've been to gastroenterologists, dieticins, general practicioners, allergists (had every test done imaginable, not diabetic, not hypoglycemic, no immune problems, not gluten sensitive, great bloodwork and stool samples).
I have mild food "allergies" (wheat, corn, rice, soy) that do nothing but zap athletic endurance (otherwise don't notice), and am allergic to typical summer-time pollens, etc. I used to treat both food and pollens w/ histamine de-sensitization, but only pollens now b/c couldn't tell difference w/ food after a while.
This greatly disrupts my life and has for as long as I can remember. This is my last resort. Thanks for your consideration, Tyler

Old 05-03-2007, 05:54 PM   #2
(female)

Danni1979 HB User
Re: Been to every kind of doc: this is last resort...

Hi There when i saw an allergist she told me to cut out my suspected allerigic food groups for at least 8 weeks as it takes a while for it to work out of the system.
At least its worth giving it a try.
Hugs
xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2007, 06:10 PM   #3
(male)

TyFi84 HB User

thanks, i'll try that. Is this something that worked for you? Also, because its nearly impossible to not eat wheat, what about in very limited quantities?

Old 05-04-2007, 04:39 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nyxie63 HB UserNyxie63 HB User

Check out some Celiac websites. Many of them have diet guides, recipes and hints for finding wheat/dairy-free foods. You can either make your own, or there are now quite a few companies that sell wheat-free products.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Closed Thread