It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2007, 05:42 PM   #1
(male)

yesman23 HB User
how do I know if lymph nodes are swollen?

If I cant see any visual deformity or feel anything in my neck is it likely my upper lymph nods are not swollen? They feel soft but I fear I may get sick soon my roommate has mononucleosis and we often drink straight from the milk and orange juice cartons. Problem is I just don't know how big they are normally. I know the ones right below the chin are bigger to begin with then the ones halfway down the sides of the neck. If when sitting down and lightly stroking the surface of my neck right where the nodes are and not feeling them or bareley feeling them a good indication that they are not swollen? Help is greatly appreciated. Also I forgot to mention, the one one my right side seems to be a bit larger then the one on my left.

Last edited by yesman23; 05-03-2007 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2007, 05:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dustoffkid HB Userdustoffkid HB User
Re: how do I know if lymph nodes are swollen?

Ok, relax.

If your lymph nodes are swollen you can definitely feel them. Feels a lot like marbles under the skin, and when you touch them, they are sore.

If you are really that worried, go get tested.

And start using drinking glasses.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread