It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2007, 04:43 AM   #1
(male)

mojorisin29 HB User
Plethora of symptoms, what can it be?

Hi,

Having spent 6 months travelling in india, I have been home for 4 months and have felt unwell since. Here's a list of some of my symptoms

Malaise
Post Exterional Fatigue, general fatigue
Waking Many times in night
Irritated Bowel, floating stools that smell of rotten egg (bacterial overgrowth)
Constant blocked nose, sinus pain. Clear discharge down throat
Sore Throat
Red spots on tongue more on front of tongue.
Dry left eye.

These symptoms come and go every 3-4 days. I have some days where I think everything is fine and Im getting better, then others where I feel bad again.

I've seen my doctor and my blood work is perfect. He prescribed anti depressants as I've been on them before and felt a bit depressed. They helped a little, but I still feel tired. Its the waking early in the night that worrying me as I can attribute a lot of these problems to that.

Could it be a virus I've picked up whilst in India? Could one last 4 months? Should I go for a HIV test? I am not promiscuous but I do not know the full sexual history of some of the people I've had unprotected sex with in the past. These symptoms seemed to come about after a few weeks of hard partying (regretably) involving MDMA. Could it be neurological? CFS?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Mojo

Last edited by moderator2; 05-04-2007 at 06:15 AM. Reason: posted commercial website

Old 05-04-2007, 04:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nyxie63 HB UserNyxie63 HB User
Re: Plethora of symptoms, what can it be?

Hi Mojo!

I'm assuming your diet has changed somewhat since returning to the UK. It sounds like an allergy of some sort to me. Try keeping a food diary and see if what you eat coincides with your symptoms. You may have reintroduced foods into your diet that you weren't eating in India and it's bringing up symptoms of food sensitivities.

Please keep us posted!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2007, 06:08 AM   #3
(male)

mojorisin29 HB User

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah, I agree, it does sound like a food allergy. Although I started feeling bad in my last month of being in India. Things got worse when I was arrived back here, but I think some of the symptoms I experienced were depression related. I've never had a food allergy before that Im aware of.

Do you think a HIV test would be wise? Im worried about the repercussions of the test, would it go on my medical record? I'm 99.9% sure I am not positive, but Im running out of things to do / try. Also, I've read that a bacterial build up in the small intestine can account for a lot of the symptoms I've been experiencing and would fit the picture perfectly after all bacteria is rife in India particularly when travelling. Does anyone know how this is treated and whether I would need a prescription?

thankyou once again for your quick reply,
Mojo

Old 05-04-2007, 06:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nyxie63 HB UserNyxie63 HB User

Hi again!

Here in the US we can get HIV tests done privately, but not sure about in the UK. If it's really weighing on your mind, then get it done, if only to allay your concern.

Talk to your dr about getting a stool analysis. They may be able to identify the offending bacteria from cultures and treat from there.

Since your symptoms tend to be somewhat sporadic, I'd still suggest keeping a food diary. It may show a pattern you weren't previously aware of.

I look forward to any updates on your condition.

Closed Thread