It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2007, 10:32 PM   #1
(male)

fsupike HB User
Need help please. I am freaking out.

First off I would like to say hello. I am new to these boards. I also would like to add that I have had a history of anxiety and panic attacks. This may have somthing to do with what is going on with me now. For the past week and a half I have had tightness in my throat, not severe, and it just feels uncomfortable. I have no pain when I swallow, just feels uncomfortable and kind of tight. I also have some spots on the back of my throat. I also have no fever or anything, but my nose has been kind of stuffed up and dripping in my throat lately. I went to the doctor 3 days ago and she did a strep test and checked me out. I explained to her my symptoms and he says it is probably a viral infection and would go away on its own. I don't know if I am just worrying about this too much. I do have a tendency to worry, especially at night when I am laying down. I am actually up now searching the internet trying to take my mind off of it. Anyone who has any information or advice would be GREATLY appreciated. I just have been losing sleep and worrying about this forever. Oh one more question, is it possible that anxiety and stress I get thinking about this actually is making it worse? Thanks again in advance, I really do appreciate it.

Old 05-05-2007, 03:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nyxie63 HB UserNyxie63 HB User
Re: Need help please. I am freaking out.

Hi! Stress and anxiety can cause the tight feeling in your throat. You probably notice it more at night because in bed you have less distractions and, if you lie on your back, the post nasal drip just runs down the back of your throat. Hyperfocusing on the problem probably isn't helping any. Don't worry, I tend to do that as well. Give it a week and, if it doesn't get any better, see your dr again.

Please keep us posted and I hope you feel better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread