It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2007, 07:30 AM   #1
(female)

Bluesy HB User
Food Poisoning?

Right after lunch on last Friday I started getting bad cramps and nausea. I ended up throwing up 3 times that afternoon. My mom said it was food poisoning, but later when I got home Friday night I was really dizzy and didn't even want to walk. Being in the sunlight made it worse. I thought it would go away by Saturday, but it didn't. I woke up Saturday morning just as dizzy as the night before, and I stayed that way the whole day. I felt alright if I was laying down, but when I got up the dizziness came back all over again. Also, I couldn't eat anything. Maybe a bit or 2, but that's it. I almost felt as if I was eating in slow motion. All I wanted to do was sleep.. So I did. This morning I feel a little bit better, but still a little dizzy. Is this from food poisoning? My mom even called the restaurant and they said the type of sandwich I had - the meat came in fresh that morning. I just thought whatever. I've taken Tylenol and few other meds to make it go away and it hasn't budged. Also, I have really bad diarrhea. Sorry if this was long I just want to figure out what's wrong with me!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2007, 08:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Food Poisoning?

this really does sound like classic food poisoning to me anyways.it wouldn't hurt to get seen by a doc like today?is there an urgent care center you can go to?the biggest worries for a normal healthy person with food poisoning is dehydration from the vomiting and diarrhea.but you would need some level of blood work done just to be certain this is indeed a possible food poisoning.seeing the urgent care,or if you are not feeling incredibly bad,seeing your own primary tomorrow,you can get certain meds to help with the symptoms.the main thing right now is for you to stay hydrated or this could start causing problems with your kidneys and other body system functions just from fluid and electolyte loss that comes from this type of issue.

chances are,you did pick up something along the way somewhere.just hearing the more recent types of ecoli outbreaks we have had,getting food in 'fresh' doesn't really appear to matter with some things.but you DO need to be seen and have some basic blood work done just to be certain you are okay and the symptoms are indeed going away.in most people,food poisoning will just cycle thru like the flu does,but if there are secondary problems,it can turn into something totally different for some people.you just need to be certain you are not one of the others.you don't know right now just what actually caused your sudden onset symptoms,and this just needs to be identified right now for your own healths sake.see a doc soon.i wish you luck and hope this just passes for you soon.please let me know what you find out,K? FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2007, 08:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

1sunny1 HB User1sunny1 HB User

I have had some really bad food poisoning that has lasted 3 or more days. I had one that just wouldn't stop, had to go to the doc and get a shot to stop the vomiting and diarrhea. also, if you can, drink gatorade, it helps a great deal with the electrolytes.

Last edited by 1sunny1; 05-06-2007 at 09:00 AM.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:17 AM   #4
(female)

Bluesy HB User

Well I feel alot better this morning. I don't have any nausea, but truck loads of diarrhea . I guess it's just my body's way of getting rid of the bad. My stomach still has a little cramping, but nothing to cry over. I'll probably see my doctor this afternoon to see what I can do to get rid of this once and for all. I've never had food poisoning before so I really didn't know what to expect. I've been drinking alot of water so I stay hydrated. Thanks everyone for helping me out.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:50 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

well thats good to hear.i am glad you are checking in with your doc.he just needs to run a bit of bloodwork on you to check on your bodysytem functions and your blood sugar too.this can get really messed up when you are just sick even without the vomiting and the diarhhea.there are also Rx meds that help much better with controlling that diarrhea too.you just need to make certain that whatever caused this has left you for good.hopefully the worst is over now and it will only get better.please let us know how things go with your doc appt.FB

Closed Thread