It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2007, 04:34 PM   #1
(female)

hope555 HB User
Help! Lightheaded/ spacey when standing

Hey all!
I'm 21, female, univ student (now on summer break). For the past 1.5 months, I've been having the symptoms I'm about to describe. Basically, when I'm standing even for as little as 15-20 min, I start to get very lightheaded, spacey, unreal and faint. It doesn't happen when I just go from sitting to standing, but requires the 15-20 min to develop. Its a fairly predictable thing that happens...rarely do these symptoms not show up when I'm standing for certain periods of time. I also don't feel dizzy or vertigo...just extremely ligtheaded. I have NO headaches. I DO feel slightly heavy in the body, but am not tired (i.e.: don't fall asleep all the time or anything).

At first I thought it was my school related anxiety...however now I'm home, and relaxed to the max, but still getting these symptoms...and only when I'm standing on my feet. I also have allergies and hormone imbalance (PCOS). I've had a full bloodwork, and it showed everything to be perfect, except normal-low iron stores. I've been taking iron pills for about 1 month now, and they really don't seem to be helping. My BP is 110/70 (normal), and my heart rate is normal when I'm on my feet and getting these symptoms. I've always been very energetic and healthy. However, these strange symptoms have really decreased my life quality, and the doctors don't seem to know how to help me.

Does anyone else get these symptoms, and could some people please provide some possible advice? I am very grateful for all those who took the time to read this.

Wishing everyone good health,
Hope

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread