It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2007, 08:51 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

nokoBot HB User
Is eating Pizza that bad, if i eat occasionally????

I dont eat every week. But when me and my family do eat, i eat about 3 pieces..

Being that i eat sandwiches ( home made ) at lunch which have bread, then pizza which is bread too... is that baad or can the body handle it. and does it have nutritional value

I'm active, usually i don't eat pizza or junk food. just reasonable healthy stuff like home made sandwiches , and beans and rice, and brocolli

Old 05-08-2007, 03:04 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Is eating Pizza that bad, if i eat occasionally????

Did you know that if you cut the cheese on pizza way down to about one quarter, the pizza is just as nice and much healthier to eat. With a fair lot of veg on it as well, it is not a truly bad meal for fast food. Less than once a week would be fine, I think.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2007, 03:09 AM   #3
(female)

Jakeysmom HB User

My DH and I switched to having only whole grain products when we have bread. We make our own pizza with whole wheat flour and when we have a sandwich it is on whole grain breads. Then, when we very occaisionally have regular pizza it is not a big deal. You should look up the benefits of whole grain vs. refined flour and while you are at it, research why high fructose corn syrup, which is often contained in many foods, is a good thing to limit. Making those two changes in your diet is a good start, IMHO! Good luck!

Old 05-08-2007, 03:42 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

music12 HB User

I think a pizza occasionally is not going to hurt you. Being too regimented and strict with ourselves can, however.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:48 AM   #5
(female)

xanthia HB User

I fully believe the key is moderation. If you are worried, you can get a veggie cheeseless pizza for yourself, and you'll notice it does knock off a LOT of the grease. However it seems like you can fit it into your balanced diet, so it shouldn't worry you.

Old 05-08-2007, 03:44 PM   #6
(male)

rob1985 HB User

Don't worry. If you are only eating three pieces of pizza less than once a week you are not going to be hurt. Yes your body can handle it. If you stay active you are going to be fine. Hey I'm graduating from college in less than two weeks and I have probably on average ate pizza or wings or some form of fast food once a week sometimes at 1, 2 or 3 am right before bed on top of a night of moderate to heavy partying and I have actually lost weight (well fat anyways) since going to college. I lost 10 pounds of fat during freshmen year and have since packed on 15-20 of muscles. So don't worry, anything in moderation is harmless.

Closed Thread