It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2007, 05:23 PM   #1
(male)

gdelarocks HB User
Lymph nodes

Long post but bear with me please and please help through a response...

Ok this seems to be a popular subject of recent times and so I am going to ask a few questions. A two and a half weeks ago I had a sever sore throat from late friday afternoon through monday morning. It varied in severity but was seemingly unbearable at times, more so at night. On friday night it was awful and hurt every time I swallowed but didnt bother me really other than that. Sunday night it was the worst sore throat I have ever encountered (at least to memory) with hoarseness in voice and it was the burny and stingy kind of sore throat. Monday I woke up with a sore throat and it went away only to return a couple days after that just when I woke up. I went to the doc he said it was prolly strep and took a culture but came up neg. He said he thought it might because I was self recovering. Monday all day I felt like I had a golf ball sitting in my throat but it didnt affect my swallowing. That feeling persisted mildly for the next 5 or 6 days coming and going during the day usually late afternoon into early evening. Then I stopped feeling it happen but I did check my lymph nodes daily. I have noticed that the right one is considerably larger than the left one. It easily moves upon touching and does not feel tender/sore when I touch it. I also notice behind it I feel like it is kind of hard thing and the middle of my neck above the adams apple (the tube like thing) is rock hard. It is symmetrical but I don't know if it has ever really felt that hard or not. I don't feel more tired than ususal and have not experienced a fever or recurrence of sore throat or cough or stuffy nose. However on sunday (admittedly after friday and saturday night of relatively hard partying) I regained the feeling of something being in my neck and although not as intense as the first monday, was fairly noticable. The feeling somewhat came back yesterday and today. Today I also noticed my left arm at one point seemed red up and down and the right wasnt. It went away and later on my chest looked red and now doesnt but I do have a very small patch of red on my chest just below the collar bone that has persisted since 1 pm or so. It is not as bad and I think It may be from contanst touching there. Also since the monday when my throat felt like it had a golf ball I have had a somewhat decreased appetitie of varying degrees. Partially due to constant nervousness but even so it still has not been as large as it had been before. Anyone with any idea please let me know. Responses and suggestions are appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread