It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2007, 02:55 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

boxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB User
Question Can Anyone Help?

I am wondering if I could get some feed back on if this sounds like Post Nasal Drip or some type of allergy symptom I have been experiencing.
I notice my nose is (always Stuffy) and I have this horrible scratchy drip feeling in my throat. And when I talk I feel the need (sorry so gross) to clear my throat of phlegm. If I do spit it out it is a clear foamy like phlegm. But the feeling of a lump of phlegm in my throat is getting quite annoying. At the end of the day my throat begins to feel sore from I guess the drip or phlegm feeling. At times I feel like I could gag on the phlegm that is how constricting it feels. But talking does make the problem worse.
I also have some ear issues, lightheadedness, crackling sounds in ears, tension headaches, fatigue, and over all a heavy head, drunk feeling!!! I do have TMJD But I don't think it is related.
Does this sound like post nasal drip, or an allergy problem? I don't notice a difference from the summer, winter, spring or fall. I always have it. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank You in advance

Old 05-09-2007, 03:42 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Tivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB User
Re: Can Anyone Help?

It's very possible that you have post nasal drip. Your problem seems to sound a lot like what I have, as well. I've been to my regular doctor, my allergist and my ENT and they have all said that I have to keep using the prescription nose spray (something like Nasonex or Nasalcort or whatever), because that's supposed to help the Post Nasal Drip.

To be honest, it never really helped me. But they all 3 told me that it was supposed to help, so I don't know. I'm not really sure.

Anyway, maybe try to visit an ENT who would be able to check out what's going on. Definitely an ENT would be a good person to see to help you diagnose the problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread