It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2007, 08:34 AM   #1
(female)

wmjsease HB User
Need help

I have been having extreme pressure in my head, and a lot of headaches. It's mostly between my eyes, behind my eyes, and in my nose, but my sinus's are clear. The pressure is making me extremely sleepy, and no matter how much sleep I get, I always feel like I'm going to fall asleep. My eyes are extremely heavy, and I'm scared of going places and doing things due to this feeling. I've had mri's of the brain, spinal tap, mra and brain angiogram, along with a lot of heart testing, and blood tests galore. noone can find anything except for migraines. This is ruining my life. the pressure is so intense and the sleepy feeling is more than I can take. I have 3 kids, and a husband that I need to take care of, and I can't because of this. My doctors are at a loss as for what this is and what to do. The only meds I'm on is Altenelol (very low dose), levothyroid, niacin, magnesium, fish oil, and a multivitamin. This has been going on for a long time. I also just started an antiobiotic for a severe urinary tract infection two days ago. I started peeing blood, and having a lot of pelvic pressure and pain. I have the pelvic pressure a lot anyway, and wonder if there is something below causing any of this. Please help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2007, 04:48 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

neshee HB User
Re: Need help

Well, if it isn't your sinuses (which you have had MANY tests to prove), than I am going to say it is the Niacin. My PA told me that sometimes in certain people Niacin can cause headaches, bad headaches. Plus, if you are taking niacin AND a mulit, most likely you are getting double of what you really need. Check your multi bottle and see your intake and then your niacin bottle. Try stopping the Niacin and see what happens. This may take a few days to work, but try. The only other thing I can think of is either that you are anemic or diabetic, but if you have had blood tests, I am sure you have been tested for those. Try the niacin thing. Maybe that would help. Oh, and too much MSG can cause headaches. This is no longer found in Chinese food (as is advertised alot) BUT is found in a LOT of junk food. Don't know what your eating habits are, but if you eat a lot of chips, etc, it is in that. Good luck and I hope this helps you out. Keep us posted!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2007, 07:34 AM   #3
(female)

wmjsease HB User

thanks for responding. I forgot to mention though that I just started taking the Niacin about a month ago. All of the head stuff has been going on for about 15 months. I did find relief after I had the spinal tap done however. My opening pressure was about 10 which is normal, but for some reason I felt really good for about three weeks. The best I've felt in over a year. I could actually drive again and go shopping for those three weeks, something I haven't been able to do in 15 months. My doctor says the spinal tap was normal, and wouldn't have anything to do with this. really confusing since I did get better within a few days of having it. Now I'm relapsing again. UGH! Makes me just want to give up, because the pressure and pain is so bad, and the lightheaded/dizziness is unbearable. It's even affecting my eyes. I'm going back to my doctor Thursday, and see what he's going to do next.

Old 05-14-2007, 10:00 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

neshee HB User

okay. Well, the only other thing I can think of is, do you wear lenses?? Or, could it be your vision? This can have a surprising effect on your body, including major headaches, dizziness, etc. If you haven't gone to your eye doctor in awhile, maybe it is time?? Just a suggestion. Good luck again, and keep us posted.

Old 05-14-2007, 10:23 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

boxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB User

I have Tension Headaches that are chronic and I have the SAME exact symptoms. Go to healthboards.com and go to the headache board read through the post chronic tension headaches~by boxerlover, You will find SO MUCH information on this thread that will be helpful to you. Let me know if you have any questions!! Boxerlover

Old 05-16-2007, 02:45 PM   #6
(female)

temp_0_0 HB User

Hi,
I am glad to hear that you are feeling somewhat better. You probably felt a little better after the spinal tap because you were assured that nothing serious is the matter. I had constant dizziness for 4 months along with other symptoms. I know how hellish this can be. My symptoms got better once I realised and convinced myself that it is not a terrible disease. Sahaj Yoga Meditation has helped me tremendously. EFT also seems to work wonders. I downloaded the instructions manual off of their website and tried it on my own. It amazingly seems to work.
I wish you a complete and speedy recovery.

Regards,
temp

Closed Thread