It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2007, 07:21 AM   #1
(female)

tristen747 HB User
Can't feel pain in my left arm...Please help.

I know this sounds crazy, but it is true. My friends and I have experimented (nothing too terrible) with trying to get me to feel pain in my left arm. We've tried everything from punching me in the arm (with my permission) to my friend squeezing my arm with her nails(again with my permission), but I feel nothing. I stop feeling from about my shoulder-blade down my arm. I don't get it... Why can't I feel anything? I'm still a teenager, I've never smoked, had alcohol, or anything like that... Also, my mom and I told my doctor about it, but he had no idea what to tell us... Why is this happening?

Old 05-13-2007, 06:40 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

neshee HB User
Re: Can't feel pain in my left arm...Please help.

Have you played sports? Any injuries to your arm in the past, even years ago? I am just wondering if you pinched a nerve. That is what it sounds like. I would also suggest if you are really worried asking about seeing a neurologist. Usually numbness is nerve involved. Good luck and hope you start "feeling" soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2007, 12:14 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

miyu HB Usermiyu HB User

why would your doctor have no idea? that doesn't make any... what? my arm felt numb and my doc did lots of tests to make sure it was nothing, you should get a new doctor

Old 05-14-2007, 05:18 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

Is this an actual 'numbness' type thing or CAN you feel actual sensation but just not painful stimuli?if you can actually feel sensation but just not pain,can you feel the difference between hot and cold?do they both feel like room temp or "neutral"?

either way,this just is not right and needs to be evaluated,soon espescially if this is really a full on numbness.this would just mean that there is something compressing or impinging the main nerves that come down from your c spine(neck) area.this could also be a spinal cord issue if you can actually feel senation but just not surface pain and hot or cold.i have this in my R side from a spinal cord injury.i feel touch just fine,even very very light touch,i just cannot actually feel surface pain or hot or cold.it is a bit freaky to say the least.believe me,i know you are not crazy,this is a very real issue and i cannot believe any real doctor would just blow this off since it does have something to do with at the very least,the nerves,and a very real problem within them.if this doc actually blew this off,you really need to have your mom start looking for a brand new doc.thats pretty appalling.

this really does need to be looked into,soon.the longer any nerve stays compressed,the much higher risk of permanent damage to it.this numb feeling could become permanent.I would have a really serious talk with at least one of your parents now.this just has to be evaluated.please talk to one of your parents,something is most definitely not right there.please let us know how things go.good luck,FB

Closed Thread