It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2007, 03:48 PM   #1
(male)

miket99 HB User
Constipation...4 days now...

Hi, I am new to the board. I hope someone can put me in the right direction...give me some advice before I see a doc.

I have constipation problems but not as serious as recently. I have not been passing "all" the stool that I should be passing, the only thing I pass is little long and dark stools and that's it. It's been 4 days now since I have not gone to the bathroom normally. I have tried eating as much fruits as I could, juice, spinach, PRUNE juice..all with no positive outcome. What can be the problem? Do you think I have a worm in there???

Any help would be appreciated.

PS: I am a healthy(not now) 19 year old male, 145lbs, 5'8.

Old 05-13-2007, 05:44 PM   #2
(male)

High Schooler HB User
Re: Constipation...4 days now...

You might want to look into the dreaded apparatus...

I mean an enema of course. It's no picnic.

Last edited by High Schooler; 05-13-2007 at 05:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2007, 06:34 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

neshee HB User

I am 27, and up until giving birth to my now 3 year old DD, I was "regular" by going just every 3-5 days. You are NOT constipated if you are passing stool. However, they don't sound normal. Dark stools usually mean that they have been in your tract too long. Up your water intake (don't drink juice or sugary soda). Up your fiber (try Fiber Con or Benefiber, etc. or eat more whole grains). You are already doing the juice thing, and fruit thing, but sometimes that can be more binding, b/c of the sugar. So, eat healthy and drink water....if that doesn't help, I would suggest a laxative (just to clean yourself out and start over...Mirolax is good), or a suppository or enema. Once you are "clean" then start the above diet. Make sure you keep this in your diet at all times. After I started drinking at least 64 oz. of water per day, I felt better and now prefer water over other things. If you are a big sugary drinker than try flavored water. Good luck and know that I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I will pray that you feel better soon.

Old 05-14-2007, 05:30 AM   #4
(female)

Daisy37 HB User

Get the Miralax - it was prescription now it's over the counter - my doctor prescribed it to me and it worked when nothing else did. Doesn't work like sudden horrible like some other laxatives. It took 3 days to do it's job but it did it "nicely and gentely" . Get the powder it mixes with water and has no flavor.

Old 05-14-2007, 06:10 AM   #5
(female)

mbaxter333 HB User

You can get this at Wal-mart. It is an herb called Cascara Sagrada. It works. Let it work for you. I took it the whole term of my pregnancy due to extreme constipation. It works. You have to let it work for you. I think a small bottle cost $4 -$5 dollars.

Michelle

Old 05-14-2007, 09:12 AM   #6
(male)

miket99 HB User

Thanks for the good advice guys. Really appreciate it a lot!!!

What do you guys say about colon cleansing products like OxyPowder?

Old 05-14-2007, 10:15 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

If you want high fiber food....Fiber one cereal, all bran cereal. fiber one bars. Broccoli. whole brain breads....blueberries....dates are also good as are dried plums formerly known as prunes. A glass of warm prune juice will also help you "go." Heat it in the micro wave until warm and it is suppose to do the trick with in the hour....

But the quickest is the Miralax. I'm taking it due to the pain meds and it is beyond wonderful. available at Costco also. Doesn't taste or have any mouth feel......

Old 05-14-2007, 10:43 AM   #8
(male)

miket99 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibake&pray View Post
If you want high fiber food....Fiber one cereal, all bran cereal. fiber one bars. Broccoli. whole brain breads....blueberries....dates are also good as are dried plums formerly known as prunes. A glass of warm prune juice will also help you "go." Heat it in the micro wave until warm and it is suppose to do the trick with in the hour....

But the quickest is the Miralax. I'm taking it due to the pain meds and it is beyond wonderful. available at Costco also. Doesn't taste or have any mouth feel......
I tried the prune juice, I took two full glasses and didn't work

you guys think that the colon cleansing product will help me clear out the waste that is "stuck".. then from there I can continue a good high fiber healthy diet.. that's my plan

Closed Thread