It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2007, 07:17 PM   #1
(female)

Blahhh07 HB User
Sore throat?

I've had a sore throat for about 6 weeks, with swollen glands, ear ache, loss of voice once in a while, and it feels like there's cankers all down my throat. I've been to the doctor twice and nothing was given to me for relief. The first doctor said I had a viral infection and the other doctor said all she could see was swollen taste buds. And she found a lump on my neck. And if it wasn't gone within 6 weeks, they'd have to do an ultrasound or biopsy.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what it could be that's going on? Or has anyone else experienced anything similar to this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2007, 07:35 PM   #2
(female)

RIGIRL HB User
Re: Sore throat?

TRY APPLE CIDER VINEGAR FOR SORE THROAT. it works good. gargle and swallow it every couple hours and put 3 % peroxide a few drops in each ear. its a remedie for colds and i have tried it and it works good.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2007, 10:07 AM   #3
(female)

tetianainto HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blahhh07 View Post
I've had a sore throat for about 6 weeks, with swollen glands, ear ache, loss of voice once in a while, and it feels like there's cankers all down my throat. I've been to the doctor twice and nothing was given to me for relief. The first doctor said I had a viral infection and the other doctor said all she could see was swollen taste buds. And she found a lump on my neck. And if it wasn't gone within 6 weeks, they'd have to do an ultrasound or biopsy.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what it could be that's going on? Or has anyone else experienced anything similar to this?
Hi , I had something similar for 3 months!!! My doc called it the "100 day virus". It started mid - Jan and lasted until shortly after Easter. Same symptoms as you....I was convinced I had something far more serious... but, thankfully it ended eventually. They gave me nothing for relief....- I used Advil to control the throat and gland and ear pains.....and drank lots of hot drinks.....(I gargled with salt and water - did nothing, really)

So, you could have this kind of viral pharyngitis...But, I would definitely check out the lump. Is it a gland? I also felt that I wanted an ultrasound of my neck/throat because I felt there was something growing in there ie nodes, tumours, but it all disappeared...so, I do know where you are coming from....Anyways, hopefully this gives you a bit of a time frame - this kind of virus can take its time leaving your body....and can be extremely frustrating......But, keep in touch with your doctor about the lump.

stay in touch

Old 05-16-2007, 02:40 PM   #4
(male)

gdelarocks HB User

Personally, if it has been six weeks I would go to my doctor and demand a biopsy for thyroid cancer. A lump on your neck is enough for me but combine with a persistent sore throat, swollen glands, a cough that is in and out with no cold, and hoarseness in the voice along with ear pain are all classic conditions of thyroid cancer. Hopefully it is that 100 day virus but better to be safe then sorry. I'm not making a diagnosis, I am just saying you should ask for a biopsy so you can be sure and work to get rid of whatever it is you have.

Old 05-17-2007, 10:26 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

dustoffkid HB Userdustoffkid HB User

Could also be a herpes viral infection of the throat (picture cold sores in the throat- OUCH). More likely than a cancer, but you should get tested if you are concerned.

Closed Thread