It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2007, 10:39 AM   #1
(female)

RADIO10465 HB User
Smile Glucosamine and Chondroitin question

Hello,

I have been experiencing pain when walking on my left leg, coupled with a grinding noise. One day the leg was swollen so bad I went to the ER and my kneecap was floating. They did an x-ray and fluid draw and found nothing wrong. Now I can walk ok, but I went in for follow-up and was told I have cartilage damage which is causing the pain and grinding. It was recommended that I go in for therapy and start taking Glucosamine and Chondroitin. I noticed that the name brands at my local store are very costly, but I heard that WalMart carries a "generic" that is cheaper. Is there a difference between the name brands and the off brands? Does this product really help repair damaged cartilage?

Thank you

Old 05-15-2007, 08:58 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

PinkPiglet HB User
Re: Glucosamine and Chondroitin question

I'm using generic glucosamine and it works great!! You don't even need to take the chondrotin with it.

I take Glucosamine Sulfate and it really has helped my knees a lot. I started about 2 months ago. It does take a number of weeks to take effect though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2007, 09:04 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

nokoBot HB User

Great news. for me and for you.

My city has a store called CVS. dn't know if you'rs does. it's in CA. well, i had only seen MSM Glucosamine Chondroitin products for 40 dollars. rip off.

but there is one company that makes them for only about 10.99 dollars the bottle. And recently CVS makes it's own and it's also about 10 dollars

So my say, is look for the brand made by supermarkets/drug stores themselves. they put them at a lower price

Old 05-16-2007, 02:05 PM   #4
(female)

RADIO10465 HB User

thank you for your help. We do have a CVS here and thats where I saw the expensive brands, they don't carry their own generic in glucosamine. I will try the stuff and see how it works for me!

Old 05-16-2007, 05:52 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

nokoBot HB User

Here , the CVS was just opened. at first they didn't have CVS brand MSM/Glucosamine.. but now it's there. 10.99

and the other that is sold for about 10.99 is from a company calleD NATROL. It's a purple colored sticker bottle( sticker where the logo and all the in fo is written.

Old 05-19-2007, 12:19 AM   #6
(male)

Hardy09 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADIO10465 View Post
Hello,

I have been experiencing pain when walking on my left leg, coupled with a grinding noise. One day the leg was swollen so bad I went to the ER and my kneecap was floating. They did an x-ray and fluid draw and found nothing wrong. Now I can walk ok, but I went in for follow-up and was told I have cartilage damage which is causing the pain and grinding. It was recommended that I go in for therapy and start taking Glucosamine and Chondroitin. I noticed that the name brands at my local store are very costly, but I heard that WalMart carries a "generic" that is cheaper. Is there a difference between the name brands and the off brands? Does this product really help repair damaged cartilage?
Thank you
The store brands at WalMart and CVS are manufactured by NBTY, the same company that makes the major brands Osteo Bi-Flex and Flex-A-Min. As stated, Natrol makes a quality product also.

Closed Thread