It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2007, 09:32 PM   #1
(female)

shorty03906 HB User
Arrow Does anybody else have this problem....

I need to yawn to take a deep breath, but even after that I still have to take little yawns for regular breaths. Have anyone ever been through this and/or know what it could be?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2007, 04:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nyxie63 HB UserNyxie63 HB User
Re: Does anybody else have this problem....

Hi Shorty!

It could be what's called "air hunger". I hope you don't mind, but I looked at some of your other posts to try to get some background. Have you gotten your thyroid tested yet? If not, then please do. Your fatigue, sinus congestion, stomach problems, air hunger, etc, could all be stemming from one cause. Ask your dr to run TSH, FT3, FT4, and thyroid antibodies tests. Don't let them just run or look at TSH. You need all these tests to give a full view of what your thyroid's doing.

Please keep us posted.

Last edited by Nyxie63; 05-16-2007 at 06:42 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2007, 06:02 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

bananarama HB User

I have been having the same problem, except I can't take a deep breath because it hurts really bad, even though I constantly have the urge to yawn. But after trying to yawn, and having to stop it in the middle because of the pain in my side ro chest (sometimes both) I have to take small breaths to get enough air. It sucks, and it has been going on for a while, but I am afrai to tell my doctor. I might tell him when I get back from Ohio, but if I tell him before I am pretty sure he will keep me from going, as I am going up there to work at a summer camp, and I am already having to beg for clearance.

Old 11-19-2007, 12:39 PM   #4
(female)

colleen62 HB User

It's Monday and last Wednesday morning I awoke with this feeling of having to force myself to yawn. I think I have always had this problem but would only occasionally need to do it, then I was fine. Well, it has continued and I'm still having it. I had gone to urgent care and to my own doctor and had chest x-ray, EKG, blood work, and my doctor even sent me for a CT of the lung to rule out pulmonary embolus. She's checking my thyroid and I haven't heard the results yet. I am on medication now for a low thyroid. Now I've found that it bothers me a little more when I eat, I get a little more short of breath. Has anyone else had this symptom. I'm thinking now maybe it's a stomach issue? Thanks for any response.

Closed Thread