It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2007, 08:27 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User
Swollen Lymph Nodes

I've had this problem before. I woke up this morning with all my lymph nodes in my body swollen. The ones in my neck make me look like a chipmunk and the ones in my back and jsut painful. The ones by the groin just make ne feel like a have menstrual cramps. I went to the doctors last time this happened. All they did was stick me on Cipro for weeks but they never went away.

I just had all my blood done on April 20. Hormones, complete thyroid and CBC . The only thing out of sync is the progesterone. I am on new BCP but I don't think that can effect my lymph nodes.

The doctors told me that they could remove them for me if the pain was not bearable. I don't care for that option. I think it's a bit silly if you ask me. They stayed swollen last time for over 6 months,then one morning I woke up and POOF they just went away.

Anyone heard of this?

Old 05-17-2007, 02:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User
Re: Swollen Lymph Nodes

Ever been tested for EBV, it can cause recurring flares of swollen lymph nodes throughout the body as well as a underlying bacterial infection.Your lymph nodes are filters or defence mechanisms in a sense. A hand infection usually cause under arm swelling of the auxillary nodes, sinus or tooth infections cause the neck lymph nodes to swell ect....Antibiotics are a start but does not get to the root of the problem.I'd go to another doctor or ask the previous one to look further

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2007, 04:32 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

Thank you I did not know about EBV. It was more than one doctor that gave me cipro. I went to a few. The only problems I have with my teeth is grinding them. I'm stuffy but that's from the amount of pollen we have down here. It's ungodly.

I have a fever but that's from the Botox that I had injected today in my face. I'll have to it goes away to go to the doctor otherwise he'll diagnose me wrong.

Thank you much!

Old 05-18-2007, 05:12 AM   #4
(female)

tracygirl HB User

Hi Squeky. Quick question for you.........where are the ones in your back located? I actually didn't know we had lymph nodes in our back. The reason I ask is I have terrible low back pain but nobody can tell me why........can you actually see and feel them in your back? Hope you feel better soon!

Old 05-20-2007, 06:49 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

I'm a girl so the best way to desrcibe it is they are above the hip bone in the back. Between the spine and the side of the hip. Closer to the side of the hip Today they really hurt. It feels like I have a heating pad on my back that I can't turn off.

Yes you can feel them. They don't actaully move but if you rub your hand over it , it will feel like a large bump. If yours are swollen you will feel it. At first I thought it was part of my bone but the doctor said nope it was my lymph node. The one on my left never really acts up to much but does get warm it's always the right one. When the one in my back flares up the one in my nexk swell up the next day. They stayed like that for months on end.

It makes the whole lower part of my back ache. It's most annoying.

Last edited by FromSqueaky; 05-20-2007 at 07:26 PM.

Closed Thread