It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2007, 08:36 PM   #1
(male)

bobshotme HB User
Always tired but not because of depression

I used to be very hyper, but most the time im very tired and have alot of headaches that come and go. and half the time the tiredness and headaches come and go, 20-30 minutes of feeling tired with a headache then hyper. But other times i just feel tired for hours on end.
Went to my doc and he said depression, i am depressed but because of being tired all the time. So its tired then depressed, not tired because of depression. He put me on paxil and no help, just feeling hazy all the time and lots of yawning, so i stopped that. Any ideas to what it could be?

Oh and i wake up every morning feeling completely dead, Mostly brain dead. It feels my body half the time isnt that tired, just my mind. But even when i get lots of sleep, and deep sleep im still dead every morning. Its ruined my life and i did bad in highschool because of it, now im going to college and need a change.

(10 minutes ago i was holding my head in pain and feeling really tired, now im hyper again)

Last edited by bobshotme; 05-23-2007 at 08:39 PM.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:30 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

KittenPaws HB User
Re: Always tired but not because of depression

I dont really know what to say to help you. I am in the same boat. I use to be a very hyperactive child and now all i want to do is sleep sleep sleep.

Have you had your thyroid checked? (TSH, FT3, FT4, Thyroid Antibodies). If you do, get a copy of your labs, no matter if the doctor says its normal or not.

Another thing you can think about is a sleep study. You may be getting lots of sleep and deep sleep, but jarring slightly awake several times throughout the night (that are only noticable during the study). This interrupts your sleep cycle and in effect you dont recover while you sleep.

Pain can also jar you awake at night, maybe you are having contenuous headaches while you sleep as well? I dont have many suggestions for headaches other then a Neurologist might be good to find the cause of them?

I think all doctors point to depression as being the culprit of everything. They dont seem to understand that we are depressed cuz of an illness.

I don't know. These are just suggestions, im not a doctor. I hope you start feeling better soon and a good nights rest comes your way!

Last edited by KittenPaws; 05-23-2007 at 10:31 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2007, 09:36 AM   #3
(male)

bobshotme HB User
Re: Always tired but not because of depression

Im going to my doctor next week for a check up about my depression, ill see if he can run some test. As far as sleep, there are nights where i wake up every few minutes ,but nights where i dont wake up at all, and still the same results. your post was alot of help, thanks. And i hope you get better too. Hopefuly we both can

Closed Thread