It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2007, 04:47 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

lookinforanswer HB User
Question What is my diagnosis :)

Hi,

Yesterday, I was sitting here at the computer and all of a sudden felt nauseated. I went to the bathroom and nothing. Felt like this for a couple of hours, then it went away. Then when I was getting ready for bed last night felt like this again, but got to sleep. I didn't sleep too well last night but I did sleep.

This morning I woke up feeling crappy. I am finally home thank God, I didn't think I could stand another hour feeling this way without being home.

My symptoms are as follows: Nausea, Headache, Sneezing, Coughing, Sore Throat, Feels like I have a temperature but I don't have a thermometer, as my husband doesn't believe in them, Tired, Restless, I haven't gone number 2 in 3 days so I got a saline Solution to drink which I am not happy about.

I took my blood pressure earlier because my heart felt like it was speeding. I have one of the machines that clocks the heart rate. I didn't do anything, just laying there and my pulse was at 103. I am a 37 year old woman. My blood pressure was fine it was 127/78.

Could this be the Flu. I haven't gotten the flu since I was 8 years old and can't remember how I felt then.

Thanks

Lookin.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2007, 08:03 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

lookinforanswer HB User
Talking Re: What is my diagnosis :)

Well,

It is about 3 hours later and I am feeling better. I don't know what is going on with my body. I am feeling a little tired and my neck is a little sore but that is it. All the other symptoms have gone away.

I don't know what the deal is.

Earlier I took a hot bath and laid down for about 1/2 hour and then I just ate something about 1/2 hour ago.

I just think it is weird.

Lets hope these symptoms go away and tomorrow I will be fine.

Weird................

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2007, 05:01 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

NY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB User
Re: What is my diagnosis :)

Hi there,
just noticed your post and wanted to say hi to you and to say that I'm glad you're feeling alittle better.
maybe you're just dehydrated from not drinking enough water.
when I'm dehydrated, my stomach gets very nauseaus and is a sign I have to drink water. I force myself to. I"m not a lover of water but I realize how important it is to drink lots of water each day.

our bodies are made up of 75% of water and we put our bodies thru vigorous things each day and don't replinish the water.
it helps keep the membranes in our brain hydrated, our skin, our nervous system and the list goes on and on.

I would get your symtoms checked out by the dr because it doesn't seem right that your pulse rate is so fast.
when was the last time you had a physical?
nauseu can also be caused by many illnesses. liver,kidney, and other diseases of these organs, pancreas, and so on.

also, do you drink instant coffee in the mornings when you wake up?

I do, and I get nauseus from it from time to time too.

I was talking to a coworker one morning at work in the kitchen and he told me he too was getting nauseus and he is an avid soccer player and into health, which worried him and he went to his doctor.
his dr said it was the chemicals in the instant coffee causing it and he switched to fresh ground coffee instead.
he had a clean bill of health by the way. switching the type of coffee he drank changed his problem.

I would have NEVER thought it was the instant coffee causing the nauseua.

also medications can cause nauseu, nerves, stress, gastro problems, etc.

the list goes on.

please go to your dr if it continues.

hope you dont' have the problem any more.

sincerley,
linda

Old 05-26-2007, 04:38 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

lookinforanswer HB User
Wink Re: What is my diagnosis :)

Well all,

I must have a really bad cold or a light case of the flu, which one, I have no idea.

I am coughing so much I can't breathe over here and I am peeing my pants from the stress incontinence. I feel weak and tired. My throat is so sore from the coughing and just from being sick. I have drank so much as I normally do because of my kidney stones. Which I am passing one right now by the way. Oh Dios Mio. (Oh My God.)

Boy I can't wait until this goes away, I feel like crap.

I thought the other night whatever it was was going to go away. NOT SO.

Well on my way back to getting better.

Lookinforanswer......

Old 05-29-2007, 05:05 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

lookinforanswer HB User
Red face Re: What is my diagnosis :)

Hey everyone,

Wow, this is the first time I have been back on since the last time.

Well I have no idea what is going on with me.

For the past 3 nights I haven't been able to sleep, took a NyQuil each night and couldn't sleep at all. Last night I took a NyQuil and didn't get to sleep until 4:00 am and had to be up at 7:30 this morning. I have had the worst productive cough. It wouldn't stop.

I don't know if I have bronchitis or if it is a bad cold. I thought I was getting rid of this thing, now I really feel like crap.

Right now my nose is so stuffed up and my head feels like it is going to explode, my mouth and lips are all dry because I must need fluids and I don't feel like fluids at all.

I have blown my nose so much today with not much coming out.

I keep sweating so much and I am not even over exerting myself either.

My voice sounds horrible and I sound like a man, very cracky and nasally. My mother in law told me today how bad I sound, like I don't know that.

Is there anything I can do to alleviate these symptoms?

Thanks for all your understanding and help.

Lookin

Old 05-29-2007, 05:25 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

innerstrength86 HB User
Re: What is my diagnosis :)

I don't know what to tell you, but it sounds pretty serious (and annoying!!!). Why aren't you going to the doctor? You should definitely get it checked out sooner than later, and even if it's just a cold they probably have something better to give you.

Good luck, hope you get better soon!

Closed Thread