It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2007, 01:53 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

_mystictiger_ HB User
Abdominal pain.

Hi,

Earlier today I had very very very bad abdominal pain. I've had abdominal pain on & off for the last 4/5 months... might even be as long as 6 months, but it was just occassional twinges for a few second or a minute max then it would pass for a few weeks. But for the last 2 weeks I've noticed the pain is occurring a few times a week & is becomming more severe each time.

The last time I had the pain (apart from today) I thought it was the worst pain I have ever had but todays pain was 5xs as worse. I'll try & describe the pain to you.

Well it begins with medium cramping & steadily becomes more severe & develops into sharp, excruciating pains which seem to be coming from my right side then it spreads across my lower stomach or sometimes it goes all across my stomach. Todays pain was unusual thought & the worst pain I have ever experienced. It started with the cramping again on my right side, more groin area & then it went halfway across my lower tummy on the right side and spread upwards suddenly to my chest and left shoulder (well the part under my left shoulder, near armpit area). I had this pain for over one hour & it was so bad that I was hunched over in the chair & couldn't talk. I felt very sick as well, like I was going to vomit any minute. I took some strong pain killers & this stopped the pain.

Does anyone know what this could be? I'm not on any medication apart from inhalers & allergy tablets. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2007, 04:03 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Tivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB User
Re: Abdominal pain.

It might be appendicitis! My sister had it and she had similar what to you are describing. I'd go get checked out if I were you, very soon! If your appendix bursts, you could get very critically ill.

Old 05-27-2007, 05:58 PM   #3
(female)

Trish17 HB User

It may be kidney stones. I had abdominal pain for about 9 or 10 months, and had every type of test and ultrasound in existence. A rheumatologist did a scan on my abdomin and we found kidney stones and a small cyst on my bladder. The pain will come and go as the stones move around. They don't always cause excrutiating pain as they pass, but they do hurt in the kidney and abdomin.

Old 05-28-2007, 12:20 AM   #4
(female)

amber_hunt HB User

Hello to all

I am having same problems , well use to have for 6 months. The I drank about about some 4-10 glass of water each day and did some yoga class. I had hunch about stones but now its gone..

Charlene

Last edited by amber_hunt; 06-07-2007 at 02:06 AM.

Old 05-28-2007, 12:56 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

_mystictiger_ HB User

My Grandmother who's had appendictis said the same thing to me - that it sounds like a appendix because of the location of the pain and the severity of it. I really hope it isn't. I just wish it would go away without me having to bother my doctor (I avoid doctors) but I guess I'll have to go because it keeps happening.

Personally I thought it might of been gall stones but I dont know anything about these or appendixes.

Thanks

Closed Thread