It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2007, 04:32 PM   #1
(female)

beeatrice HB User
Question waking up to fast heart rate

Help- I wake up in the middle of the night with very fasta heart beats? Is this anxiety, vtach or anyhting worst? PLEASE HELP____

Old 05-31-2007, 06:43 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

beetyjoose HB User
Re: waking up to fast heart rate

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeatrice View Post
Help- I wake up in the middle of the night with very fasta heart beats? Is this anxiety, vtach or anyhting worst? PLEASE HELP____
I would say this is most likely anxiety. This has happened to me under very stressful times. I find that daily exercise helps tremendously. Also concentrating on your breathing; slow breaths in through the nose and out the mouth while lying in bed helps too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2007, 04:20 PM   #3
(female)

beeatrice HB User

Than k you ..... I do try it but I guess fear and the VERY unpleasent feeling sometimes gets a better hold of me

Old 06-05-2007, 04:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I get it too. I haven't found a solution yet. I'm convinced that it's anxiety. Someone told me once a long time ago that since you can get panic attacks during the day that there's no reason to think that you can't get them while you're sleeping.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:58 AM   #5
(female)

dentoncharlene HB User

sounds like anxiety/panic attacks to me.

Old 06-18-2007, 08:50 PM   #6
(female)

donna_sue4 HB User

I also have woken up many times with my heart racing like crazy. It makes me so weak and light headed that I have to lie down. I am also extremely hot went it happens. I am told it is a panic attack. Instead of taking medication I lie on the floor with a fan on on me and take a cold wet wash rag and keep wiping my hot spots with it. My face, neck, under my arms, and my feet. While doing this I take slow deep breaths and exhale slowly. I do this about 20 to 30 minutes and can usually get it under control. Hope this helps....Good luck!!!!

Old 06-19-2007, 02:04 AM   #7
(male)

WorldInMotion HB User

This is almost assuredly related to intense feelings of anxiety, which brings on an acute panic attack upon waking up...been there..not pleasant..usually happens if i wake up abruptly, or from an unsettling dream..The way to deal with it is usually to get up and get active..I learned the hard way which was stay and wallow away in bed, trying to sleep it off..It ended up wasting so many days and made me worse..Once you feel anxious and that heart is racing, get up, get some water..and start your day..I am feelin a hell of a lot better doing that. Take care

Nick

Old 06-19-2007, 04:58 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I don't think I'd want to get up and start my day if it's the middle of the night! That would suck for me!

Old 05-29-2008, 03:57 AM   #9
(female)

hmm927333 HB User

I too, have been suffering with anxiety attacks when I am asleep for some 25 years or better now. I wake up suddenly, heart racing, feeling very weak and disoriented, like I'm about to die. It is very frightening. My doctor is aware of this, however, he is not comfortable with me taking any long-term meds for this. (((sigh))) Just that thought alone leaves me feeling like I'm without a net if U know what I mean. I've tried everything from behavior modification to eliminating certain foods or beverages. I just don't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:20 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmm927333 View Post
... I wake up suddenly, heart racing, feeling very weak and disoriented, like I'm about to die. It is very frightening.....
These are classic symptoms of sleep apnea...have you been assessed for sleeping disorders? If not, your current physician is NOT the doctor to consult regarding your condition.

Bethsheba

Closed Thread