It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2007, 06:34 PM   #1
(male)

ABC1111 HB User
Terrible Blood Test results, strong Fatigue

Hello all,

I am 23 year old male. I have this terrible problem with fatigue. I had it for few years, but in the recent year or half a year it was terrible. It is hard to do even the most basic tasks. I used to have LOTS of willpower, but now it is less and less.
I also had unexplainable stomach pains which were NOT heartburn and not ulcer related. I also experience cold sensitivity and drowsiness.

I've done ultrasound, upper GI, and some sort of hospital stomach exam - all of them came out fine. I do NOT drink,smoke or take drugs. I eat healthy food, sometimes I used to ear huge bowls of salad.

On January I did blood tests and they came horrible:

results - reference range
LOW
WBC: 3.8 4-11 10E9/L
Neutrophils: 1.7 2-8 10E9/L

High
ALT: 99 1-60 U/L
Bilirubin Total: 37 0-24 Umol/L
CK: 700 0-195 U/L

Then I was doing similiar follow up tests, with additional things looked at. GGT and inflammation markers are normal.
Hemoglobin is near the higher limit. In the 5 months the results were between 161-172 g/L reference range 137-180 g/L

On March the liver test results finally came much better
with only Total Bilirubin being above the norm:
27 where the standard range is 0-24 Umol/L .

Also triglecerydes were LOWER then lowest limit:

0.35 where the range is 0.60-2.30 mmol/L

The doctor doesn't know what it is and doesn't give any diagnosis.

Recently blood test showed that Mercury is 50% higher than highest limit. Lead is low.

Anyone know what these results mean and what to do? Thank you very much

Last edited by ABC1111; 06-03-2007 at 06:51 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2007, 07:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: Terrible Blood Test results, strong Fatigue

Hi ABC. I am sorry you are feeling crummy. I know it is frustrating when you cannot find out what is wrong.

I highly recommend that you have your thryroid checked. Thyroid disorders can cause many of the symptoms you describe and they are fairly common.

I recommend asking to have the Free T3, Free T4 (besides the T3 and T4) and thyroid antibodies tested in addtion to the normal panel. These are all blood tests. They are not usually done but are necessary for a comprehensive view. Even if your results are in the normal range, they may not be optimal for you.

Be sure to get a copy of your results. If you need help interpreting them, the people on the thyroid board at this site are very helpful.

Do not give up! You will find out what is wrong.

Last edited by ticker; 06-03-2007 at 07:07 PM.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:18 PM   #3
(male)

ABC1111 HB User

Thank you very much for reply, Ticker.

I done thyroid ultrasound , it came out ok.
I've done ANA anti nuclear antibodies and it came out negative.

Mono antibodies are negative, strong hepatitis immunity.

TSH (measured it twice, once in Jan one in May) is within normal range, actually close to being low than high.

Free T4 and Total T3 are within normal range.

Antythyroid Peroxidase AB 28.9 reference range 0-60 kIU/L.

Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticker View Post
Hi ABC. I am sorry you are feeling crummy. I know it is frustrating when you cannot find out what is wrong.

I highly recommend that you have your thryroid checked. Thyroid disorders can cause many of the symptoms you describe and they are fairly common.

I recommend asking to have the Free T3, Free T4 (besides the T3 and T4) and thyroid antibodies tested in addtion to the normal panel. These are all blood tests. They are not usually done but are necessary for a comprehensive view. Even if your results are in the normal range, they may not be optimal for you.

Be sure to get a copy of your results. If you need help interpreting them, the people on the thyroid board at this site are very helpful.

Do not give up! You will find out what is wrong.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:36 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi ABC. I would still suggest getting the Free T3 and Free T4 tested.

Do you think you could have been bitten by a tick? Ticks can transmit differrent diseases including Lyme disease, which is a multi-system bacterial infection. Lyme disease can cause many seemingly unrelated symptoms.

Do you have a low body temperature?

Old 06-03-2007, 07:44 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

Did you get a vitamin test? A lack of B vitamins cause fatigue along with many other symptoms like muscle weakness, depression, loss of hair, dementia, mood swings, fatigue mental and physical slowness,gastrointestinal disorders,tingling sensations in the extremities etc. There are so many things.

There lot of info out there on B vitamins if you wish to read up on B vitamins.
For some people their body does not utilize B vitamins correctly. They need B shots. Processed food, refined food, sugar, meds, and caffeine can destroy B vitamins

Last edited by FromSqueaky; 06-03-2007 at 07:48 PM.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:13 AM   #6
(male)

ABC1111 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticker View Post
Hi ABC. I would still suggest getting the Free T3 and Free T4 tested.

Do you think you could have been bitten by a tick? Ticks can transmit differrent diseases including Lyme disease, which is a multi-system bacterial infection. Lyme disease can cause many seemingly unrelated symptoms.

Do you have a low body temperature?
Hello Ticker,

Maybe I was bitten, I don't know. Are there specific tests for that? It appears that I do have low body temperature. I should bug my doctor until he gives me complete thyroid tests.

Any tests for Lyme's disease?

Thank you.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:19 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

A B12 defeciency mimics Lymes disease and MS.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:09 AM   #8
(male)

ABC1111 HB User

Hello FromSqueaky,

I used to take quite a bit of B vitamins, and multivitamins as well. Is there a specific test for vitamin indigestion/deficiency? I used to eat so much salads, and I usually eat so much fruits and vegetables that I don't think that I should be deficient. But who knows? Maybe it is indigestion of vitamins...

Thank you all!

Old 06-04-2007, 10:28 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

Even though you may take in alot your body may be not be able to utilize them. The term for that is pernicious anemia. Shots are needed.

If your body is able to use them then you still have the fact that B vitamins are water souable and have to be replenished daily. Then there's the sugar, proccessed food, caffine, and meds that destroy B vitamins.

It would be nice if that was the answer to your problem. I don't have insurance so I research my symptoms and take what I think I have to my doctor if I need antibiotcs or hormones.

My aunt was told she had bipolar and dementia. She was bed ridded from muscle weakness for over a year. Finally somome did a vitamin test and found out she is defecient. Now she is not crazy anymore and is out of bed doing what she wants.

Lack of Niacin (B3)- pellagra, loss of appetite, gastrointestinal disturbance insomnia etc.
Lack of riboflavin -skin rash digestive disturbances, emotional changes etc
Lack of B12 - pernicious anemia that can cause paleness, weakness and fatigue ,poor appetite etc
lac of Thiamin (B1) -fatigue ,insomnia, aches & pains, weakness etc
Laco of Folic Aicd - pernicious anemia (large cell type) depression , and it mimics the symptons of B12 deficeincy.

You can find out through a blood test.

Old 06-04-2007, 03:25 PM   #10
(male)

ABC1111 HB User

About anemia. Does Ferritin blood test show it? I've tested ferritin levels 3-4 times and all those times the number was in the middle of reference range. Complete blood count is good except for WBC/Neutrophils that are slightly lower than minimum values. Inflamation tests do NOT show any inflamation and Electrolites levels are within normal ranges.

Thank you all for replies!

Old 06-04-2007, 04:43 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi ABC1111. Both Lyme disease and thyroid disorders can cause a low body temperature.

Yes, there are blood tests for Lyme disease; however, no Lyme test is completely reliable. From what I understand, the ELISA or titer is the least reliable and the one most doctors run first. The Western Blot is a better test, but it should be run at a Lyme lab such as IgeneX in Palo Alto, CA. If you get this done, get a copy of your result. I can help you interpret it.

Closed Thread