It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2007, 03:22 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

mcr285 HB Usermcr285 HB User
pelvic/abdominal pain, low back pain, low grade fever....

For about a week now, I've had tender inguinal lymph nodes (groin area), slight pelvic pain, abdominal pain (sometimes all over, sometimes just right side), lower back pain (sometimes both sides, mostly just right side), and a low grade fever that stays around 99.3 but occasionally spikes up to 100.6.

My doctor ordered a blood test and when I called today, they told me the results were all normal. I asked what my white count was, and she told me it was 4.1. Normal range for their lab is 4.8 - 10.8 (she didn't actually tell me this, but it's stated on the previous tests I've had done), so actually my WBC is slightly low. AND in December and March I had blood tests done (wasn't sick, but just trying to establish what's "normal" for me) and my WBC was 6.7 and 6.2 respectively. So it's dropped since then.

Also, my RBC was a 3.82 and the normal range is 4.2 - 5.4. In December it was 4.07 and in March it was 4.4. Before anyone says how it can vary because of menstruation, for the December blood test, I'd just finished my period, for the March blood test, I was a few days from starting, and this recent test fell right in the middle.

SO, my question is, should I be concerned??? I have a history of cancer on both sides of my family (melanoma, hodgkin's, inflam. breast...), and where I don't want to panic about every time I feel crappy, I also figure if I'm going to get cancer, I want to be able to catch it before it gets out of control and untreatable!!!

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2007, 03:33 PM   #2
(female)

Mrs.Khan HB User
Re: pelvic/abdominal pain, low back pain, low grade fever....

i don't think its cancer .but i am not satisfied with the tests that your doc conducted .you definitely have an infection .you should get your high vaginal swab taken .Also get an ultrasound done .it will rule out pevic inflammatory disease .if still u don't find anything ,get a urine RE done .good luck

Old 06-06-2007, 07:05 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

mcr285 HB Usermcr285 HB User

thanks, but I'm confused. I thought the wbc had to be elevated to indicate infection? what kinds of infections would cause a lowered wbc?

Old 06-07-2007, 08:17 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User

This is really indicating a possibility of pelvic imflammatory disease. I agree with the above poster. Find a doc that will find out for sure, as PID can effect your fertility if left untreated.

Closed Thread