It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2007, 06:13 PM   #1
(male)

blessedchild HB User
any remedies for swollen lymph nodes from new hiv infection? thanks

After hearing great news about hiv medicines and talking and hearing about people in my city who've lived a pretty normal life with the disease for over 15 years my immediate depression and anxiety from 1 week ago when i found out my positive hiv status, But, now i'm horrified again. I have a swollen lymph node on my neck. It's right under my ear so it can't be hidden. Actually i felt a small lump a maybe 3 to 5 weeks ago. It's actually the reason i got tested for hiv. But, now that small lump has become more noticeable and that's a problem. Just because I have hiv doesn't mean I want to look like it. Though there are other illnesses that cause swollen lymph nodes i've heard atleast 3 people associate lymph nodes with hiv. This was before I had swollen lymph nodes. Furthermore since i was tested 6 or 7 months ago and it was neg. my infection is probably new. The doctor said it could me a minute before they put me on medicine, but first things first. I still have to wait another week for the western blot confirmation, then i'll have to schedule an appointment with a case worker, then a doctor to draw blood to see my cell count. So to make a long story short I could have to wait another month to be put on medicine if they even put me on medicine right away.

So my question to you guys, is there any home remedy for this? or Over-The-Counter drug that is known to actually help swollen lymph nodes. anything to reduce the swelling, after initial infection does a swollen lymph nodes usually last very long? Is there anything I can do to reduce the swollen lymph it's right under my ear .

update: a new lady just began on my job, she happens to also be a nurse, and talking her today she just brought up hiv and lingered on the subject for some time almost bringing tears to my eyes. not to mention the last time i went to the barbershop my barber brought up hiv. He's been cutting my hair for 5 years and i've never heard him bring it up. Because of my age I really think these enlarged lymph nodes say I HAVE HIV. Please tell me there's some otc, herbal, natural remedy or something? It maybe another month before they put me on med. not to mention i've debated quiting my job because of the enlarged lymph node, i'm embarrassed. I have a wedding and family renunion in the next month, I'm so ashamed that this big lymph node is sticking out, is there a remedy, please help and please pray for me! Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2007, 09:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: any remedies for swollen lymph nodes from new hiv infection? thanks

Swollen lymph glands, as you know, means that your body is fighting an infection. There are alot of lymph glands in your body. Unfortunately, your body decided to have this one swell up. As your body fights off the infection, the swelling will go down. I don't know of anything that you can do to make it go down any faster except the logical ones. Get plenty of rest. Keep a good diet, keep yourself in the best physical health that you can., Keeping yourself as healthy as you can is the smartest thing you can do to help yourself right now.

best of luck.....

Old 06-07-2007, 03:57 PM   #3
(male)

blessedchild HB User

ok thanks buddy

Old 06-08-2007, 01:37 AM   #4
(female)

were2alike HB User

Hi and hope you feel better soon . heres the thing you have a virus and the only thing that could make you feel better is some type of antiviral medication and drink plenty of fluids and take tylonol for fever. but mostly the virus runs its own course . and you should ask your Dr. about your swollen lymph nodes he could give you something since he knows what your dx. is. good look

Old 06-08-2007, 01:40 AM   #5
(female)

were2alike HB User

the only way ppl will know whats going on with you if you tell them you dont have to tell any one unless you are intimate with them

Closed Thread