It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2007, 07:40 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

lookinforanswer HB User
Lightbulb I guess this is the thread to post this, problem

Hi,

I will have to start at the very beginning on this one.

I always get RLS symptoms, sometimes if I don't get enough of Potassium in my diet I get these horrendous cramps.

Well, I had to stop taking the Potassium, because I have been taking a water pill, Hydrochlorot. I have a Potassium test that I have to take next week, so I have been off my Potassium for almost two weeks now. The reason being, is the doctor wants to see if the Hydrochlorot is draining too much Potassium and if it is he wants to put me on something else, I don't really know. I take a water pill because I have Calcium Oxalate Stones, so that keeps the stones from forming.

The pain in my right leg is so weird, when I try to climb stairs or get up from a sitting position, my leg cramps up and my leg freezes. I literally have to stretch the leg for about 15 seconds before I can start walking.

Is there an alternative of anything I can take or should I just suck it up and wait until I go take this test? I am eating alot of Potassium rich foods, Potatoes and foods such as that.

I know this post is more of a venting post. So tell me what you think.

Thanks,

Lookin

Old 06-15-2007, 09:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: I guess this is the thread to post this, problem

The only thing I can thing of is to add bananas and watermelons and cantelopes also. They are all high in potassium and good in these summer months.

Why in the world would you be taking potassium pill though if you get potassium stones? That just seems to be asking for trouble! Ask your doctor if there isn't something else you can take for RLS..if that is what you have. Have you been diagnosed for certain that that is what it is?

good luck...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2007, 02:02 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

lookinforanswer HB User
Re: I guess this is the thread to post this, problem

I have Calcium Oxalate stones, not Potassium stones. I have been told to take the Potassium for them also.

Lookin

Closed Thread