It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2007, 08:25 PM   #1
(female)

bekkiz HB User
Sudden Onset Severe Wrist Pain

Of all the wierd medical stuff I have been through, this could be the weirdest, any insight?

I was sitting, as usual, at work, waiting for my student to finish reading. I went to shift in my chair and all of the sudden I was having shooting, burning tear-inducing pain that started in my wrist (on the back) and continued up my arm. Just by twisting my wrist ever so slightly.

I sent my student away, so he wouldn't see me in pain, and experiamented. I have had a torn ligment in my other wrist that needed surgical repair, and this pain is about 100x worse. It honestly feels like my wrist is exploding from the inside out. I cannot make a fist or stretch out my fingers. Bending the wrist in pretty much any direction sets it off. There is a point on the back of my that is extremely sore to the touch, but no where else.

I did not fall, run into anything, pick up something heavy or do anything else in my memory to injure it. I do not believe it is sudden onset of carpral tunnel, as the pain is on the back of my wrist. There is little to no swelling.

And here is where I ask..."Should I go to the doctor?" I feel very silly saying, "Ummm, I didn't do anything to cause it, but I think I may have fractured a bone or tore a ligament" without the doctor laughing me out of the urgent care office.

For the time being, I have it in a wrist brace which only helps about 15% (by stopping the bending), but moving my fingers or twisting at the elbow also induces pain.

Help!

and ps. It took me about 20 minutes to type this b/c I'm only using one hand

The Following User Says Thank You to bekkiz For This Useful Post:
amandajanex (10-16-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread