It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2007, 08:17 PM   #1
(female)

PrettyInPink310 HB User
Question Intense stomach pain, cramping... Help!

Hello everyone, I'm looking for some much needed advice.

I'm a recent college grad who has had problems with bile reflux (not acid reflux) since I was 13. I take daily medications for it. Once in a blue moon I will get very ill, but it's a feeling I'm quite used to. It's a cold feeling in my stomach and I feel like I am going to throw up, but I take medicine to prevent that so it's just intense nausea for a while.

Recently I've had a new stomach problem. My doctor told me it's just a new manifestation of what already happens to me. She said I just over-produce bile. But the problem with this is I find that often people just attribute any problem I have to my stomach and I wonder if they are missing something or overlooking anything.

This happens to me about 5 to 10 minutes after I am done eating. Last time it was cheerios, today it was a chocolate bar so I can't find a common link. I get sudden, intense abdominal cramping and nausea and have diarreha (spelling?). It feels like someone is sitting on my lower abdomen. It's the type of intense nausea that you don't know if you're going to throw up or have the diarreha. I've never thrown up, but again, I take medicine to prevent that but I sure feel like I need to. But what is odd, and frightening, is I get extreme chills, get very shaky, and oddly extremely fatigued. I get up from the bathroom and am okay for about three to five minutes, then it hits me again. This lasts for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

Today, horrifically, it happened in an amusement park three hours from home. Sitting on a bench made things worse but I was too weak to walk anywhere. I can honestly say that it is the first time I've truely felt I was going to faint. When this happens to me, the cramping and pain is so intense I swear I will end up in the ER. It does not get better after a BM either. During this I also get very gassy and burp... not very lady-like, but with the reflux problems overall that often happens.

Then, I get so overcome with fatigue I fall asleep (not for long) and am completely back to normal in under two hours. It's SO frustrating because today we left the park and I could hardly make it to the car but by the time we got home I was alright.

In January I was in Italy and had what I think was Samonella. 6 hours after eating a chicken dish I got violently ill. Exact same symptoms but it lasted for days. In September I had the cramping, but it would come and go quickly after I used the bathroom... my doctor said it was IBS. But this is so intense and not easily fixed. Plus the chills, shaking, and fatigue worry me.

I start teaching Kindergarten in the fall and it is my ultimate terror to have this happen while I'm at work. I'd like to figure out what's happening. It first happened two weeks ago after a bowl of cheerios and again today after a hershey bar.

Suggestions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2007, 11:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User
Re: Intense stomach pain, cramping... Help!

Your doctor needs to be taking you seriously. I would go to see a gastroenterologist ASAP. This sounds somewhat like "dumping syndrome", but I am not sure. What I am sure of, is you have lived with this bile reflux long enough to know what it feels like. It this is different, YOU know. You know your body better than anyone. Your doctor should listen to you. If they continue to blow you off, I would find another doctor. Get checked out soon. I hope you can be diagnosed before the school year starts!

Good Luck!

Amanda

Closed Thread