It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2007, 02:18 PM   #1
(female)

meremere HB User
Nosebleeds-when to worry?

I have started getting more frequent nosebleeds this summer. They just seem to start for no reason. I can get them to stop pretty quickly-usually within the first 5 minutes, no problem. I just had another one after 3 weeks without one.

I'm not picking it, or hitting it. I don't have any allergies, and no other symptoms. I was probably getting them about once a week. No bruising or fevers. Its not dry air--we're in the midwest and its pretty humid here.

Any ideas what could be causing this? I don't want to run to the doctor if its pretty common. Any ideas on how to make them not come so frequently?

Old 07-23-2007, 02:30 PM   #2
(male)

scott1360 HB User
Re: Nosebleeds-when to worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meremere View Post
I have started getting more frequent nosebleeds this summer. They just seem to start for no reason. I can get them to stop pretty quickly-usually within the first 5 minutes, no problem. I just had another one after 3 weeks without one.

I'm not picking it, or hitting it. I don't have any allergies, and no other symptoms. I was probably getting them about once a week. No bruising or fevers. Its not dry air--we're in the midwest and its pretty humid here.

Any ideas what could be causing this? I don't want to run to the doctor if its pretty common. Any ideas on how to make them not come so frequently?
Hey Mere. I get frequent nosebleeds but I find if I use a nasal saline solution daily and apply nasal gel it helps a ton. It keeps the nose moisturized. You can also have the blood vessel cautaurized by the doc if it keeps bleeding

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2007, 05:39 PM   #3
(female)

alien7 HB User
Re: Nosebleeds-when to worry?

Infections,clotting disorders, blowing your nose alot even hypertention can cause nosebleeds. If they continue maybe you should see a doctor but first try to see what the store has to offer to help with nose bleeds. Most likely it's nothing serious it doesn't take a lot to bust those blood vessels in your nose even a little hot air can cause it.

Closed Thread