It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2007, 10:09 PM   #1
(male)

stanjus12 HB User
Hard Bump on Butt

I have a hard lump that appeared overnight on my left buttcheek that is the size of a quarter like a oversized mosquito bite. If i squeze it blood will come out of it and it hurts somewhat. I did manage to get it smaller by squezeing it but the blood comes out slow. What caused this as i am clean in that area.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Hard Bump on Butt

just one real possibility comes to my mind and that would be a possible insect bite of some sort?could have been something that happened to be there when you got into bed or landed there after?something that large,i am thinking possibly a spider bite of some kind maybe?i would really just see your doc if i were you and just have that evaluated.there are just so many different types of spiders and other insects that can be cruising around unnoticed in our homes ya know?don't know what if anything your doc could realistically "do" for you at this point,but he should have a good look at it and the incident noted.good luck, FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2007, 06:15 PM   #3
(female)

anprdp HB User

No matter how much you clean people do get boils. Basically, your lower body parts are prime areas for them to develop and if I had to guess what you were referring to I would say it is this. You need to read literature on this as mashing, or busting it is a bad idea. I would suggest you leave it alone and apply warm compresses to the area as when it is ready to open and drain it will do so. They tend to come up quickly, but take much longer to dissappear. If the area keeps growing or becomes bothersome, your only other choice is to see a doctor. The buttocks and groin areas are the most usual areas for boils to appear.

Old 07-28-2007, 06:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User

Hi sounds like a Pilonidal cyst that are common on the rear, like anprdp stated bursting is a bad idea, warm soaks or heating compresses will help it.If it gets worse or quits draining and gets larger see your dr and he will likely prescribe a antibiotic

Old 07-29-2007, 12:34 AM   #5
(male)

stanjus12 HB User

I don't believe i put this in the first post, but the lump feels like it goes far under the skin and has almost a perfect ball shape and does bleed at times as i can see in in my underwear when i take a shower. It hurts when you go from sitting to standing and vice versa. Is this a cyst or boil, and can i just let it go away on its own. All it feels like it is is 10 mosqutio bites in the same spot but slighly worse.

Old 07-29-2007, 02:57 AM   #6
(female)

anprdp HB User

It is either or, if it is draining I would consider it is probably a boil. Especially, since you said it was perfectly rounded. At this point, the only way to tell the difference would be to see a physician as with a boil it would have had a soft, pallable head to it like a pimple would. But, since it is draining, it will be hard to tell on your own now. It would present with several spots that would have come to the surface as it is a hair follicle or a group of hair follicles that are infected. I would suggest sitz baths. This is where you fill a clean tub with warm water not full but just enough to soak and drain the area. Do this once a day. If this does not clear up within a couple of days and does not start to heal, I would seek a physician as you may need antibiotics to keep it from turning into a serious problem. But, whatever you do...do not continue to mash or attempt to bust it. Boils can be serious business if the infection seeps into your blood stream or surrounding tissues. I will admit, I am diabetic, and I am prone to boils in the usual places and it is embarassing to go to a doctor and show them those parts of your body. But, be careful to notice if the area is healing or continuing to ooze. If it seems that it is reluctant to heal, see a doctor as soon as possible.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:01 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

penybobeny HB User

It does sound like a boil (or maybe a small pocket of cellulitis).

Warm (as hot as you can stand it, but not hot enough to burn) moist compressess a couple of times a day and keeping it clean are your best bet.

No more squeezing!!!!

If it developes a small ulcer (ahem, probably from squeezing it and picking at it) you should wash it with warm water and mild soap then pat it dry (no rubbing).

A warning... these infections tend to come back, but you can reduce the chances by keeping hands off and clean when it comes to them. If it does not clear up in a few days you should probably go and have it checked out... you might need a small dose of anti-biotics to help clear it up.

good luck

Closed Thread