It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2007, 06:28 PM   #1
(female)

mrsstats HB User
Unexplained brusing

I am 56 year old female. I am on 2 medications for high cholesterol, take 1 baby aspirin daily, fish oil, multi vitamin & calcium. I am getting black & blue marks on different parts of my body. I has a huge one on my inner thigh. This could not be from bumping into anything. Any suggestions what could be causing this?

Old 07-29-2007, 10:29 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

nokoBot HB User
Re: Unexplained brusing

Today i was reading about bruising. So i will try to give you my idea. Your in your 50's.. what if blood presssure had somethign to do with it . maybe you have sudden ruptures due to some problem with the blood so it leaks out and that's what causes bruising.

My mother has bruising, she's in her 50's.. She has something that looks like bruising in back of her calf.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2007, 06:23 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Unexplained brusing

when did you start the baby asa with regards to when that bruising showed up?i have to take the 81mg baby asa for a coiled aneurysm in my brain and i noticed almost right away just how much more easily i was bruising.it doesn't take much for me to show a bruise either.it dosen't always have to be a big hit or even something that you would actually even remember doing that can cause bruising when you are taking anything that just thins your blood like the baby asa.just to be on the safe side,it wouldn't hurt to just see your doc about this.he will just order some simple blood tests that will check how well(fast) your clotting takes,and also check out other blood related issues as well.it should at the very least be evaluated if you are feeling the least bit uncomfortable with this situation.there is also the possibility that the fish oil along with the asa could be contributing.i really don't know enough about it to say for sure just something that should be considered when you speak to your doc thats all.some suppliments and herbals can also have big effects on certain body system functions that you really wouldn't think they would.it wouldn't hurt to just find more info on the properties of fish oil.you just need to be sure it is okay for you.

but seeing your doc and just getting some simple bloodwork done would tell you alot.good luck,hopefully it is just the asa that is doing this to you.please let me know what you find out,K? FB

Closed Thread