It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2007, 02:51 PM   #1
(male)

battlehorse HB User
Hi, I would like to know what is wrong with me!

I believed first that I had HIV, but all the tests are negative. Could someone please read through my post and give any tips on what might be wrong with me. I've been feelin ill for about 20 weeks now and countin

Please read my thead here:

[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=505768[/url]

Thank you!

Last edited by battlehorse; 07-31-2007 at 02:53 PM.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:36 PM   #2
(male)

battlehorse HB User
Re: Hi, I would like to know what is wrong with me!

my neck hurts so bad right now...christ

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2007, 04:27 PM   #3
(female)

wenron HB User

Can you start by getting a physical and blood work up from your doctor? Or seeing a chiropractor?

Old 08-01-2007, 05:42 PM   #4
(female)

Bluesy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiteler View Post
stop chasing your symptoms and equating it to being infected with hiv.
you cannot possibly do that, the only sure way to know your status is by testing only and your tests say you are negative!! symptoms can be easily confused and thats what you are doing,believe in your tests they are very accurate and the only thing you should worry about in reguards to being infected with hiv. btw the encounter you discribed is considered very low in risk so there is more that backs your test up!
good luck
I agree with this post. Just keep taking the medication like the doctors say and you should be fine. I would stop worrying about the HIV because from what you have described, you are at a very low risk.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:30 PM   #5
(male)

AnkleSurgery07 HB User

You probably do have a virus, the problem is you are so stressed thinking that you have HIV that you aren't getting over it! All of the problems you are talking about are all symptoms of a viral infection. You just need to calm down and let your body fight it!!!

For a little bit more info, I was the same as you, I never got sick at all until I was about 23-24. Then for some reason I got everything, if someone sneezed I was out for a week, someone just looked at me funny my glands would swell. You could be the same. Just rest and try and fight the virus and calm down.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:50 AM   #6
(male)

battlehorse HB User

Thank you guys for your kind words.

About tests and such, my doctor has done everything in her power, every test there is. Blood test etc etc. NOTHING is wrong. No higher white blood cell count, nothing.

We are thinking about some other options, to test me for parasites. Apparantly there is one pretty common in Japan called Lambia. You get it from drinking water etc... Well I'll report back if they find anything.

It's just that I am so sick of feelin crap....it has been for so long now, I am handicapped by this and cant do much

EDIT: Also just one question...if I have a virus, shouldn't my current girlfriend have it to by now? She's perfectly healthy

Last edited by battlehorse; 08-02-2007 at 11:54 AM.

Old 08-02-2007, 05:43 PM   #7
(female)

Bluesy HB User

It doesn't always spread so easily. It's like someone having a cold that lives with you.. Sometimes you don't contract it just because they have it. Keep us updated, k?

Old 08-26-2007, 12:05 PM   #8
(male)

battlehorse HB User

I still have stiffness and pain in my neck. My doctor says that it can't even be a virus now because it has been in me so long.

But I will call the Infectious disease Center tomorrow in my city and see what they can say.

Closed Thread