It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2007, 12:55 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User
Bump behind ear lobe

my husband just noticed a small lump under his right ear lobe where the hollow part is.....no other symptoms. is this a lymph node? what could this be from?

Old 08-01-2007, 05:34 PM   #2
(female)

Bluesy HB User
Re: Bump behind ear lobe

It could be a keloid. Does he have a piercing there? A lot of people get them after having their ears pierced and it turns into an infection.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2007, 07:22 PM   #3
(male)

AnkleSurgery07 HB User

Are you talking about on the ear or on the neck?

The parotid gland is around there and does come up in little hard bumps when you are sick (all around the ear, in front, below and slightly to the rear). As with most lumps, I would go to a doctor and make sure

Last edited by AnkleSurgery07; 08-01-2007 at 07:23 PM.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:05 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

I should have been clearer and didn't realize where it was until i felt it when he got home. it's right where the jaw bone meets the bottom corner of the ear lobe. is tender when it's touched in a certain area. hard to see if it moves since it's in that tiny corner. he's going to the dr tomorrow am but i'm so scared! no other symptoms other than an ingrown hair on that side of the face.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:54 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

It sounds like a little sebaceous cyst, or a blind pimple. I don't think it is a node, they are rarely sore like that unless they are hugely swollen.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:45 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

he saw the dr this am and he said it was caused by the ingrown hair being slightly infected probably under the skin and the gland/node by the jawline where ear lobe meets jaw is the spot that has the lymph nodes to fight it causing the swelling. the ingrown hair/zit is right across from the swollen area. i am a bit frustrated in the fact that he wasn't given antibiotics. told to come back in a month if it doesn't go down...we'll see another dr in two weeks if it doesn't go down...not waiting a month.

i hope that's all it is....i've done so much reading on this and it can lead me to think worst case scenarios!

Closed Thread