It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2007, 10:01 PM   #1
(male)

ProBEMTB HB User
What is wrong with my breather?

Age: 24 Height 5'11 Weight 170lbs Gender Male Health: Generally Healthy.

My Health History:
Allergies: I reacted to all shots put on my back but none on my arm - I'm allergic to everything except for food and medicine.

Diagnosed w/ Palatalizations with suspected SVTA - A Ablation was performed and I've had no further episodes.

Inflammation of Stomach, Gastritis. + something more. I forget. - They stuck a camera down my throat and an instrument to open my esophagus more and put me on the purple pill. I've no longer had trouble w/ swallowing.

Ok, now for what is wrong with me now. Here are my symptoms when my unknown medical condition comes about:

Hard to Burp (aka can't get it out, can barely get it out) -consistent symptom
Sourness in esophagus when breathing in -sometimes consistent
Sharp pain above heart when breathing in -sometimes consistent
Indescribable feeling (maybe numb) in my lower neck/upper chest -consistent symptom
Hazing -mostly consistent
Wake up in middle of night w/ difficulty breathing - consistent
Difficulty breathing - consistent
Feel less aware/focused - consistent
Feel relieved after burping -sometimes consistent
High Blood Pressure/Normal Pulse

I worked out when I was younger and have no history of asthma. I hate feeling like this. It is a total distraction of whatever I am currently doing. I am normally very focused and attentive. I do not AT ALL feel this way when my symptoms kick in. Please help. Thank you for any help, I surely appreciate it.

Last edited by ProBEMTB; 08-01-2007 at 10:27 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2007, 11:28 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

SOPHIABELLA HB User
Re: What is wrong with my breather?

Welcome to our message boards! You sound just like my husband, and I read him your post and he has just about all the same symptoms. In fact his ENTIRE family has the same problems. Acid reflux is probably where you want to post your concern. My husband has a lazy flap that makes it hard for him to swallow or burp when he really needs to. I would assume they would have caught that in your upper GI that you had done. All of the shortness of breath is the same as him, especially at night. But mind you he has a very very bad case of sleep apnea. You would probably do well to ask your doctor about getting a sleep study done. He would have never known that he had any sleep apnea if he weren't sleeping with someone. It is awful sounding, he actually gasps for breath and chokes in his sleep. *note you can die from sleep apnea* Even if you don't have the sleep apnea it would do well for you to raise your head with an extra pillow at least 6", with helps with the acid reflux. Good luck, and dont forget to check with your doctor, and the acid reflux boards.

Closed Thread