It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2007, 04:16 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Lutheran122 HB User
weird colon problem

I had an abdominal x-ray the other day and it showed that a 2in spot of my colon was not moving/contracting and that the X-ray caught it. I have been having some issues in the bathroom lately , not going as much and a lot of loose stools and was wondering what that meant to the symptoms I have been having. I also get bloated when eating a normal sized meal and sometimes I feel like its not fully leaving my stomach/upper intestine like it normally does as after I eat my heart rate goes up and stays like that for hours at a time. Could I have a small blockage of some kind in my upper intestine that is affecting my whole body? I do seem to burp an awful lot (a lot of the times on purpose because I feel pressure building up in my lower chest cavity). What should I do? The tech told me this is not uncommon and doesn't necessarily think its anything to worry about as long as I can move my bowels.

Old 08-04-2007, 06:58 AM   #2
(female)

Andrea84 HB User
Re: weird colon problem

You really should discuss this with the doctor telling him all your symptoms and asking whether the x-ray finding has anything to do with your symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2007, 08:12 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Lutheran122 HB User
Talking Re: weird colon problem

Yes I will be seeing my gastroenterologist real soon but I also have other issues I need to deal with unfortunately. I was just wondering if anyone has heard of this problem and what it means to have a small part of your colon that seems like its not contracing..the nurse in the hospital I was at said its not a big deal as it happens as we get older and that I need to exercise a lot more and not just sit around all the time lol.

Closed Thread