It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2007, 03:45 PM   #1
(male)

steamroller HB User
Twitching problem, need help please

Ok for like the last 3 months I have been having this problem where I twitch my nose to go up. It's bothering me. I can't seem to stop it and I do it so much now. I can controll it when im focused on it but its hard for me to. I know im doing it, but I dont know why i have such an urge too. Can anyone please help me with my problem? How to solve it and possibilties on why I am doing this? Thank you guy's!

Old 08-04-2007, 07:05 PM   #2
(female)

bonzer HB User
Re: Twitching problem, need help please

hi, it's called a tic and many people have them. sometimes it's throat clearing or blinking. it's not serious and if it annoys you then your doctor may recommend something to help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2007, 12:00 AM   #3
(male)

steamroller HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzer View Post
hi, it's called a tic and many people have them. sometimes it's throat clearing or blinking. it's not serious and if it annoys you then your doctor may recommend something to help.
why do I have them? I used to have the blinking one and it changed to my nose one. What can I personally do to get rid of it? Is it like a problem or a habit or whats the deal? Please help. Thank you.

Old 08-05-2007, 06:54 AM   #4
(male)

ghunt HB User

I'm confused, what do you mean you "twitch your nose to go up?" And is it voluntary?

For a short time while I was in high school, my left eyelid would constantly twitch involuntarily. Drove me nuts but at least it didn't stick around too long.

I was told that sort of thing is a result of "misfires" in the brain when signals are sent back and forth.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:19 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Lutheran122 HB User

I have a problem in my cspine that cause my eyelids to twitch and for my head to get a pins and needle feeling. It is cause by a damaged nerve in my neck that affects those areas of the face/head. I use Lyrica 100mg 2 times a day to keep it in check and for the most part it works fine.

Old 08-05-2007, 08:24 PM   #6
(female)

bonzer HB User

steamroller, i'm sure if you look up tic on the internet you will find everything you need to know. some of us have nervous tics and we discover what we can using our computers.

Old 08-06-2007, 12:46 AM   #7
(male)

steamroller HB User

I looked it up and couldn't find anything that would help me. And no I know im twitching and I can conroll it, it's just hard too and I always want to twith

Old 08-06-2007, 05:45 AM   #8
(female)

Andrea84 HB User

If you see a neurologist about this he can diagnose this, perhaps help you with this symptom, answer your questions and put your mind at rest. Keep in touch.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:35 PM   #9
(male)

steamroller HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea84 View Post
If you see a neurologist about this he can diagnose this, perhaps help you with this symptom, answer your questions and put your mind at rest. Keep in touch.
Ok i'm 18 and have no clue where I would find a neurologist. Now the thing i'm wondering is if this is a prob or a habit

Old 08-07-2007, 01:45 PM   #10
(male)

steamroller HB User

????????????????????

Old 08-07-2007, 03:07 PM   #11
(female)

Andrea84 HB User

Ask your general doctor to recommend a neurologist.

Old 08-08-2007, 12:15 AM   #12
(male)

steamroller HB User

Quote:
Ask your general doctor to recommend a neurologist.
Ok lets say I go to one. What Do I say. I'm not sure if this problem is nuero or could it be a habit?

Old 08-08-2007, 05:18 AM   #13
(female)

Andrea84 HB User

You tell him or show him your original post. He will then diagnose it for you. As one of the other posters said if it's bothering you then you can go to the doctor to find out what it is. I agree it's probably a tic but he can definitely tell you and advise you about it.

Old 08-09-2007, 04:01 PM   #14
(male)

steamroller HB User

Quote:
You tell him or show him your original post. He will then diagnose it for you. As one of the other posters said if it's bothering you then you can go to the doctor to find out what it is. I agree it's probably a tic but he can definitely tell you and advise you about it.
ok ill prolly go to a nuerologist

Old 08-10-2007, 12:33 AM   #15
Inactive
(female)

Jennita HB User

Do you take any stimulants(add drugs, lots of caffeine, diet drugs, cigarettes etc.) or any neuroleptic drugs? Any other drugs, legal or not might have an effect. Too much coffee? Perhaps you are just in the habit of always wanting to move something? See the neurologist anyway.

Closed Thread