It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2007, 08:40 AM   #1
(male)

eddieJ85 HB User
Sweating problem?

I didn't know where else to put this, so I decided to post it here.

I've noticed that I've had some problems sweating a lot. Let me say my past medical history is I have acid reflux and I have had 3 major back surgeries, the last of which was a spinal fusion in late april, I am currently taking vicodin for medication.

Anyways, the problem is I seem to be sweating a lot more than normal on my back. I do not think it is due to my surgery because I remember similar problems last summer. It doesn't occur anywhere else like at my underarms or anything like that. For example, my car doesn't have air conditioning. If I go on a drive for say, 35 minutes..by the time I get home my back is soaked with sweat. I didn't think anything of it until my brother was with me and made a comment about it. He went along on a drive with me and when we got back he was nowhere near as sweaty as I had been, in fact he wasn't that sweaty at all especially in his back area. Almost every time I go out for more than 15 mins when I come back I need to change my shirt because the back is all wet with sweat. Of course it is also somewhat embarassing when I am wearing a shirt that shows off these sweat stains because as I said, it covers my entire back.

I just wanted to know if this was something I should bring to the attention of my doctor, as I am seeing my GP today..although not for this reason

Last edited by eddieJ85; 08-06-2007 at 08:42 AM.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User
Re: Sweating problem?

Hi from a fellow back sufferer. I had my fusion last September. This sweating could possibly be caused by the pain meds. A number of folks over on the back board have mentioned it.

Hope you're healing well and taking it easy.

Blessings,
Emily

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2007, 07:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Sweating problem?

Emily is right about the pain med sweating issue,it can happen with narcotics and other meds too.i just wanted to ask you exactly where were your back surgerys located and what exactly did they do back there?there is always the possibility of sympathetic nervous system damage with any deeper type back or neck surgery.that is when mine took a major hit.do you have any other strange symptoms going on,anything unusual or just plain wierd?how are your BPs? FB

Closed Thread