It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2007, 10:23 AM   #1
(female)

IrishPrinces426 HB User
Abdominal Pain Left Side

For about a week I have had a sharp pain in the left side of my abdomen. It is just below my ribs. It is not a constent pain, it is quite the opposite. Every once in awhile I will have the sharp pain, but it lasts less then a minute. I usually only feel it once a day, if at all. Last night I felt it again and then again about 2 hours ago. The pain still last more less then a minute. The real only other symptom I have is that my tongue has a coating on it. In some lights it looks yellow, in some lights it looks white, and in some lights it looks light green, so I can't really say what the coating color is. Two weeks ago I had a whole bunch of blood tests done because I had been sick for awhile. All the tests came back negative. I would make a doctors appointment but recently it has been very had to get in a see the doctor. Any ideas on what this could be?

Last edited by IrishPrinces426; 08-08-2007 at 11:02 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2007, 11:36 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

DebM412 HB User
Re: Abdominal Pain Left Side

The area you are describing is where your spleen is located. Your spleen is like a big lymph node so with you saying you were sick it would make sense that you could have an enlargement with your spleen. If I were you I would go back to the doctors and have them evaluate.
What sickness did you have previously?

Deb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2007, 12:10 PM   #3
(female)

IrishPrinces426 HB User

I just had a virus, or at least that is what the doctor said. They ran tests for everything from mono to lymes disease and tested my liver and kidney fuctions. They tests all came back. The pain started about a week after I started feeling better. Like I said it doesn't hurt all the time just about once or twice a day if at all. I would go back to the doctor, but I wasted a lot of money that I don't have for them to tell me it was just a virus and it doesn't hurt all the time. If it was my spleen do you know if there would be swelling because I do not have any.

Thanks for the reply.

Last edited by IrishPrinces426; 08-08-2007 at 12:13 PM.

Old 08-11-2007, 09:31 PM   #4
(female)

candy00 HB User

Hi Irish Princess! I have had the exact same symtoms but I have not been sick. It is right below my rib cage on the left side. It is a sharp pain on occasion. I notice it when I reach for something on the floor, or sometimes just when I'm sitting still. It has been hurting for about 3 months. I thought it was a bruised rib which is why I haven't been to the doctor. Now I'm starting to think it's something else. Any advice? Candy

Old 08-12-2007, 09:05 AM   #5
(female)

IrishPrinces426 HB User

Hey Candy. I wish I did have some advice for you, but I don't really know what is going on. I haven't been to the doctor either because I thought that it was just gas pains. I also haven't felt the pain in awhile. Wish I could have been more help.

Closed Thread