It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2007, 07:55 PM   #1
(female)

behindtheseeyes HB User
too tired,too awake,too tired,too awake and so on!

Im 17 i go to college and everyday i find myself comming home at about 4ish and collapsing on my bed out of exhaustion.I can then sleep up til about 7.30 unless I force myself to get up.If I manage to stop myself falling asleep by the time i reach home,either by avoiding my bed or going straight out after college I usually become extremely tired by the time it reaches 8pm.Becuase of this i can rarely be bothered with the hassle of coming home from college,getting changed,re doing make up,eating and then going out for the eventing,it just takes to much energy and i dotn have it.
On the other hand I find in the college holidays like right now,i can never sleep!Its 3am and I am not tired one bit!Why is this?I also find that when im at college I get a head ache (really bad) every single day without fail at around midday.this usually lasts all afternoon and fades just before bed time,its so annoying.
Im not anemic and i dont have any heart or blood problems because i was tested not so long ago.I have asthma but apart from that as far as I know Im fine,although I did have very bad depression last year.
Does anyone have a similar problem or know what the answer might be?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2007, 06:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: too tired,too awake,too tired,too awake and so on!

Here's a question for you..
How is your diet? Are you eating a good balanced diet? Are you eating foods that are sustaining you through the day to keep your energy level up? The headache could be caused because you don't have enough energy stores in you to keep going. Are you eating protein and carbs to not only get you going but to keep you going through the day? Are you drinking enough fluids to keep well hydrated all day long? That too could be causing the headache. All of this could be causing the fatigue. If you aren't feeding your body right to start with and keeping it well hydrated, this can start the cycle of fatigue.

How do you do with your classes? Do they cause you stress? Stress can cause you to want to sleep also?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2007, 04:12 PM   #3
(female)

behindtheseeyes HB User
Re: too tired,too awake,too tired,too awake and so on!

hi,thanks for your reply
I am doing fine in my classes grade wise, but i know they cause me stress nevertheless,i am the biggest worrier ever ,since i was about 5 i have always been this way-not sue why.I am always very stressed and anxious and i sometimes get depressed too-i was very bad with this last year and i used to go to bed every night at 5pm then wake really early.I ahve to admit the headaches and tiredness are worse when its within term time it just reverses when its the holidays

My diet is terrible although i eat lots of oily fish and carbohydrates i also get alot of protein,i love to eat chicken and water is my favourite drink-i deffinetly dotn think im de-hydrated,i dont eat many sugary foods and i hardly ever eat crisps, but on the other hand i eat tons of bread and alot of meat i also never ever eat vegetables or fruit and by this i mean i probably dont have 5 a year let alone a day.I do like fresh orange and drink quite a bit of it but thats about it-oh and i eat mushrooms lol!but other than that nothing,I just cant stomach them.

Closed Thread