It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2007, 08:24 PM   #1
(female)

harmony06 HB User
abilify - therapeutic dose?

a few weeks ago my pdoc started me on 5mg abilify daily. last week he increased it to 10mg. my question, what is the usual therapeitic dose for abilify?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2007, 08:36 PM   #2
(female)

Lorily119 HB User
Wink Re: abilify - therapeutic dose?

Harmony... I've learned that with any med, it is up to the individual person as to what a good dose is. All of our systems are different and chemistry plays a big part in this too. I take 200mgs of Lamictal 2 times a day!!! I haven't seen anyone yet who takes that much!! How is the Abilify?? I tried it and the first 2 days I felt as though I were going to jump through my skin!!! I wanted it to work so bad because the dr said it was such a great drug. I think it may have been too soon coming off Effexor that gave me the reaction or simply anxiety attacks. I've been getting alot of those lately. Let me know if you have had any side effects from it.

Thanks...Lorily (pronounced like July)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2007, 08:54 AM   #3
(female)

melly3407 HB User
Re: abilify - therapeutic dose?

The highest you can go is 30mg. Each person is different, but if your doc put you on a higher dose it is because the one you were on is not enough. I know from experience that if your not on the right dose and don't change it, it can make your condition a lot worse, making your depression/bipolar worse.

mel

Closed Thread