It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2007, 11:50 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
Getting rid of the double chin

I wasn't sure if this was appropriate for the Exercise or Beauty forums, so here it went.

I know I've put on a noticeable amount of weight in the last couple of years, and while I can kind of deal with the big belly, the slowly forming double chin is making me irritated. It's just barely there, but I don't want to get that extra flap of skin under my face. Are there any exercises I can do to tone that flesh? I recall seeing a little device in a machine once that you hold under your chin for a certain amount of time and it tones the skin for you and reduces or eliminates double chins. Has anyone ever seen/heard of it?

Aside from taking a meat cleaver and removing the skin myself, are there any other ways I can reduce that flabby flesh on my neck?

Old 10-01-2007, 01:42 PM   #2
(female)

Tanjay HB User
Re: Getting rid of the double chin

Hi there, I once read in a magazine (english one) about a girl who had injections (herbal) under her chin and it showed a before and after picture, and the results were amazing, BUT I cannot for the life of me remember what the injections where called, I do remember they were only £150. I have the same prob, its not that bad but I can see my chin lowering and its horrible, I can hack everything else but my face flabbing!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2007, 01:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

The obvious answer...sorry ..but you will have to loose weight to get rid of that. The longer you maintain your weight gain the harder it will be to loose the extra chin....or it may just stick with you. Look around your family to see if double chins are going to happen no matter what you do. good luck.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:05 PM   #4
(female)

kitkatbahr65 HB User

Well, I was in the same boat you are. I weighed 285lbs at my highest weight. My face kept getting fatter (along with the rest of my body) and I had a double chin. Thankfully I started eating right and exercising. The first thing to go was the extra fat on my face. Of course, it isn't easy but it is worth it. Double chins are so not attractive. Extra weight is very bad for your health. If you lose even 10 lbs you may see a difference and it may motivate you to lose more.

Good luck!

Kathy
P.S. I now weigh 233 lbs and look a lot better. My goal is to get to 155 lbs.

Last edited by kitkatbahr65; 10-01-2007 at 03:05 PM.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:47 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User

I have pictures of myself as a teenager (I'm 58 now) and I had a saggy chin even then. I have asked all sorts of people -- exercise gurus and trained massage therapists, who presumably have studied human musculature, what one can do to get rid of the skin hanging down below my chin. All of them say that nothing short of surgery (hopefully a little gentler than a meat cleaver ) will do the job. The reason is that there really aren't any muscles there that can be tightened up -- yeah, I've seen ads for those chin exercise products as well, and the exercise people I've talked with say they don't work.

The fat that makes up a double chin will go away (or at least lessen) when you lose weight, but unfortunately only your own genetics will direct where you lose the fat. The loose skin is also genetically determined. I'm pleased that some of you are able to get back your flat chin when you lose weight, but that's your fortunate genetics at work. Some of us aren't so fortunate. We just smile at the world and give them something else to look at.

Please keep in mind that the discussion above has touched on skin, muscle and fat. All three are different things, and all three require different responses by the person wishing to make a change. In this case, losing fat via dieting might help if you're lucky, toning muscles won't help because that isn't what's sagging, and saggy skin requires a little help from the outside via a (very teensy doctor-manipulated) meat cleaver.

--Rheanna

Old 10-02-2007, 01:51 AM   #6
(female)

fineanddandy HB User

I couldn't wait to read this thread because I was hoping for a miracle cure, too!

My mother, who is quite thin, has a lot of loose skin under her chin - she calls it her turkey goblet. I'm afraid I'm destined for the same. I now have a double chin and it is steadily geting worse. I'm 20 - 30 pounds overweight but not obese.

Heavy sigh.

Closed Thread