It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2007, 08:09 AM   #1
(female)

amandaHAYNES196 HB User
Numbness and Tingling

Hi- I'm 37. I have been experiencing tingling in my left thigh only for several months. The tingling can be intense at times. Last week I noticed the top of my thigh is numb and it has continued to be numb ever since. The numbness is like that feeling of novicaine. The tingling occurs white standing, sitting or laying down. Any ideas? Thank you so much! Amanda

Old 08-11-2007, 08:05 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

lars2005 HB User
Re: Numbness and Tingling

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaHAYNES196 View Post
Hi- I'm 37. I have been experiencing tingling in my left thigh only for several months. The tingling can be intense at times. Last week I noticed the top of my thigh is numb and it has continued to be numb ever since. The numbness is like that feeling of novicaine. The tingling occurs white standing, sitting or laying down. Any ideas? Thank you so much! Amanda
Hi Amanda. It could be a Back problem as if there was a problem in the back it could easily show up anywhere else in the body. My mother suffered for years with numb legs due not to a problem in her legs, but a problem in the spine. This generally has to do with the spinal cord and the nerves in which it is made out of. It could be Sciatica, but that generally happens in the back of the thigh, but it is possible for the front also.

If you worry of DVT(Deep vein thrombosis) I would not be worried as you generally feel the pain below the area of thrombosis. If it were to be this a Major Vein and a Big one would need to be clogged and that doesn't really happen to often, you would have the smaller ones go first.

I also know I suffered from Tingling and Numbness due to Anxiety, I felt what a heart attack felt like with my left arm numb and such, though I was fine.

I hope that helps, but I am shooting for a nerve problem. try to soak(lay in) in a hot/warm bath a few times a day. It will help and make you relax. You can also try to possible sleep in a different position and change the order or setting of your pillows. If you have another bed, try to sleep there and give it a few days. If you find that you are feeling better, then maybe its time to invest in a new mattress or Pillows. The same follows for a computer chair.

I hope you feel better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2007, 08:31 PM   #3
(female)

Glen27 HB User

I have back problems,I started treeatment with a chiropractor and I was feeling better.Today I had a bad day...I have the tingly sensation and kind od numbness on my arm and leg...
I have to say that i panick and I think that didn't help me.

Old 08-12-2007, 08:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

glamour girl HB User

Hi Amanda,
Welcome to the board.. It does seem it comes from the nervous system.. and numbness that goes on for that long, should be looked into. Seems like a weakened/ blocked nerve, I would be getting that looked into. Yr doctor may refer you to a Neurologist. I had my foot numb for 24hrs straight mine turned out to be MS.. Not to say that's happening to you , but i would still get it checked out.. Good luck. Keep us posted.

Closed Thread