It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2007, 08:00 PM   #1
(female)

xmerkatx HB User
Question hyperhidrosis - certain dri use/drysol?

Hi, I most likely suffer from hyperhidrosis - not as bad as I have read many other peoples' symptoms but enough to be embarrassing! I don't sweat constantly and I can wear 2 t-shirts and get away with no sweat sometimes but I've definitely had to limit what I wear to hide the sweat when I do because it's quite a lot.

So, I'm going to try CertainDri since it seems like many people have had good luck with it, and I've read most of the instructions written by users of it (I don't have it yet) - one question though: do you wash it off in the morning? I know that it might stain and I have no problem if it ruins PJ t-shirts, and I also read that with Drysol you wash it off in the morning and figured it's the same deal.

And does anyone know generally how much Drysol goes for without medical insurance (I don't have any right now as I'm going through college!)?

Thanks!!

Old 08-14-2007, 12:28 PM   #2
(male)

bellissimo45 HB User
Re: hyperhidrosis - certain dri use/drysol?

i don't know how much exactly but i know its not bad at all. call your local pharmacy-they can give you the price without insurace

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2007, 04:40 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

alexiwildchild HB User
Re: hyperhidrosis - certain dri use/drysol?

hi! i've used certain-dri for about 5-6 years now, and it works great for me. just put it on at night, but like you said don't wear anything fancy that may be stained, although i've never had a bad experience. no, you don't have to wash it off in the morning either-it won't stain your clothes after that long of a duration after the application. it may burn a little for the first few times you use it, so i totally don't shave before i put it on. for a while, you will probably have to use it every night, then you can taper off and do every other or every three nights. i still use a regular anti-perspirant/deodorant, just because it makes ya smell nice the certain-dri doesn't have an odor to make ya smell good, so i would still use at least a deodorant so you don't have "pit" smell,lol. also, try using an anti-bacterial soap on your armpits, i think i used to use dial, and it will help kill the bacteria/smell too.

good luck, it's worked wonders for me

Last edited by alexiwildchild; 08-14-2007 at 04:41 PM.

Closed Thread