It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2007, 01:58 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

ittal HB User
Just kind of need reassurance

I laid down for bed tonight, after having terrible bouts of belching all day. When I was lying a certain way, I had this stabbing pain just below my shoulder blade on the left side. I felt like I had to belch, but couldn't.

I stood up, did some stretches, and (finally) was able to belch and the pain went away.

Being the anxious person I am, I looked up back pain and belching online, came back with nothing, but did find out that pain in that spot could be an aneurysm.

I'm just crazy, right? It was probably just gas pains?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2007, 02:15 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

penybobeny HB User
Re: Just kind of need reassurance

More than likely it is just gas pains and you will be okay... usually and aneurysm does not come along out of the blue without a history of severe high blood pressure that is uncontrolled or uncontrollable.

I would suggest taking an antacid and seeing how you feel in the morning, but chances are that is was (how is this for a cliche line) something you ate and with anything that you have ingested... well... this too shall pass.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2007, 12:15 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

yep, I totally agree, penybobeny. I've had gas pains that have radiated up into my chest and shoulder.

If you do get them again, you can press lightly in the lower right side..continuing up the right side and across the stomach area and then down...you'll probably find a gurgle in there of an area that's got gas kind of stuck. Sometimes that's enough to get it moving.

Phazyme helps as well as other gas relievers or even digestive teas such as peppermint, fennel, cinnamon, ginger...

You can check back within about a 12 hour window of what you ate to give you an idea of what it could be causing it...at least it will probably be out by morning..lol!

q

Old 08-16-2007, 04:11 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

golfhat HB Usergolfhat HB Usergolfhat HB User

GAS... it can be very painful...like a heart attack.

Old 08-16-2007, 05:15 PM   #5
(female)

adj76 HB User

Often I get gas pressure like that that feels like I need to belch but I can't. Major pressure in my chest - like someone is standing on me. Has made me feel like I'm having a heart attack, but of course, that's not it. You sound a lot like me with the anxiety about it being an aneurism, but try not to worry! I'm sure it was just gas pains - they can be very painful.
Angela

Closed Thread