Originally Posted by clasact1956
I work on the bottom floor (below ground level) at my company. Everyday I walk in, there is this awful smell. We have air conditioning and even if I wanted to open a window, I can't as the are permanently shut. The thing I worry about is the mold. There is some around some of the windows, which they do try to clean once in awhile when we bring it to their attention. They said the filtering system in place is working fine and there is no problem. But the smell?????? If it smells musty and hits you in the face when you walk in, isn't it safe to say that it can't be good for you?
Any thoughts on this?
that is scary, the smell is a definite sign of mold, IMO. my carpet got wet in my apt, and it took them forever to come clean it ....it smelled awful. once it was cleaned up and dried, the smell was gone. it was definitely growing mold or something. please be careful...i'm experiencing some nasty symptoms, that i'm not sure are related to the mold, etc. i think if you're not directly exposed to it for a long time, you shouldn't be too bothered...unless you start feeling ill.