It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2007, 04:53 AM   #1
(female)

clasact1956 HB User
Somethings in the air

I work on the bottom floor (below ground level) at my company. Everyday I walk in, there is this awful smell. We have air conditioning and even if I wanted to open a window, I can't as the are permanently shut. The thing I worry about is the mold. There is some around some of the windows, which they do try to clean once in awhile when we bring it to their attention. They said the filtering system in place is working fine and there is no problem. But the smell?????? If it smells musty and hits you in the face when you walk in, isn't it safe to say that it can't be good for you?

Any thoughts on this?

D

Old 08-16-2007, 02:56 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

alexiwildchild HB User
Re: Somethings in the air

Quote:
Originally Posted by clasact1956 View Post
I work on the bottom floor (below ground level) at my company. Everyday I walk in, there is this awful smell. We have air conditioning and even if I wanted to open a window, I can't as the are permanently shut. The thing I worry about is the mold. There is some around some of the windows, which they do try to clean once in awhile when we bring it to their attention. They said the filtering system in place is working fine and there is no problem. But the smell?????? If it smells musty and hits you in the face when you walk in, isn't it safe to say that it can't be good for you?

Any thoughts on this?

D

that is scary, the smell is a definite sign of mold, IMO. my carpet got wet in my apt, and it took them forever to come clean it ....it smelled awful. once it was cleaned up and dried, the smell was gone. it was definitely growing mold or something. please be careful...i'm experiencing some nasty symptoms, that i'm not sure are related to the mold, etc. i think if you're not directly exposed to it for a long time, you shouldn't be too bothered...unless you start feeling ill.
good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2007, 03:10 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

golfhat HB Usergolfhat HB Usergolfhat HB User

You should get some signatures together and force them to test the air and pull up the old carpet and replace it. They tested the air at my company one time and yes the air was bad. It was because of the carpet and the glue. It was a new building too. The people were getting sick with headaches, etc. they had to install special filters!

Just wait til someone gets really sick and the company gets the blame. There is no telling what happened. Were you there during a flood or something? It could have been a plumbing problem. Disgusting.
a lot of buildings have funny smells like that and the air is not fresh.

Old 08-21-2007, 02:41 PM   #4
(female)

clasact1956 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhat View Post
You should get some signatures together and force them to test the air and pull up the old carpet and replace it. They tested the air at my company one time and yes the air was bad. It was because of the carpet and the glue. It was a new building too. The people were getting sick with headaches, etc. they had to install special filters!

Just wait til someone gets really sick and the company gets the blame. There is no telling what happened. Were you there during a flood or something? It could have been a plumbing problem. Disgusting.
a lot of buildings have funny smells like that and the air is not fresh.
They re-did the whole bottom floor with new carpets and paint a few years ago. I still think that in time, its inevitable that the mold will start to grow again.

D

Closed Thread