It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2007, 08:21 AM   #1
(female)

Mee_Dee HB User
Tripping while fast walking or running

Hi all,

New here. I'm hoping someone can give me some advice. I am a walker/jogger and have been doing it on and off for years as I tend to gain weight from the waist down and it's the only thing that keeps my legs from getting too heavy. I hadn't been exersizing over the winter because I was so busy with work and just got back to it this summer trying to take off 15 or so pounds. Last night I went to our local gym to work out on the indoor track and began experiencing something strange. I kept tripping. It was rather annoying and I looked it up only to have something very alarming come up. It is a symptom of ALS which is a disease that is fatal. They said drop foot is a symptom of it. Maybe I am just reading into things and panicking for nothing, but last night I was tripping quite a bit and it really freaked me out. I am also at that time of the month so I don't know if that may have something to do with it. It's just really weird and annoying. I feel no weakness or anything, just this annoying tripping. It seems to happen mostly in the gym, but why is it only happening to me and not anyone else? I seem to run/walk better outside. Could it be the track or bad shoes? I'm hoping to God it's not a symptom of something serious. Anyone else ever had this problem? Thanks so much. Dee

Last edited by Mee_Dee; 08-21-2007 at 08:31 AM.

Closed Thread