It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2007, 11:47 AM   #1
(female)

2kiddylady75 HB User
what does it mean???

I have for the last year had a lot of health issues. I am now suffering from major stomach cramps that almost cause me to pass out, but I do not really need to go to the bathroom. I have at least 2 bile movements a day, so I know that I am not constipated. I have not had that much pain outside of labor. I also have become very fatigued and gaining weight, the doctors have found that my iron is going from 100 points to high to way to low and want to put me on chromagine (iorn). The emergancy room doctors send me home after loading me with pain medicine and this last time said I had colitis, but isn't that a general term for a wide range of things?

Old 08-22-2007, 01:03 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

morrisun HB User
Re: what does it mean???

Have you had any GI tests done or any GI specific blood tests to check for things like Celiac Disease?

They're probably referring to Ulcerative Colitis, but wouldn't be able to give you a specific diagnosis without doing some tests like endoscopy, colonoscopy, etc.

I have Celiac Disease and my main symptoms were painful bowel movements, frequent diarrhea that over the years got progressively worse, and then finally right after I was diagnosed they determined I was anemic due to malabsorbtion issues from having the Celiac Disease go undiagnosed for over 10 years. (How's that for a run on sentence, lol ) I also was always overweight and I know a lot of Dr's assume you have to be underweight to have Celiac Disease which is not true.

Good luck!
PCOS

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2007, 05:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User
Re: what does it mean???

You need a GI doctor immediatley. Don't wait, as it sounds like you could be bleeding internally.

Closed Thread