It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2007, 02:23 PM   #1
(male)

Marko1962 HB User
Stomach pain on lying down

As the topic hints at I get stomach pain on the left hand side of my body every morning that painfully wakes me up. Elevating my body until I am 30 to 45 degrees from the horizontal eases the pain and usually allows me to get back to sleep. The pain usually starts after 6 to 7 hours sleep and I have absolutely no idea what's causing this does anyone else? I would like to get a good nights sleep now and then and any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have been to see my GP about this but with no joy..

About me
45 Year old Male
164 lb 5ft 10inch tall
Renal failure leading to kidney transplant 2 years ago.
Tablets, Immunosuppressants (neoral and cellcept), lisinopril, sodium bicarbonate and omeprozole.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2007, 08:26 AM   #2
(male)

Marko1962 HB User
Re: Stomach pain on lying down

Just an update

It turns out that Lisinopril is the culprit, the doc tells me that I have angioedema brought on by a reaction to ace-inhibitors, so Lisinopril is out and replaced with Cozaar which made me feel doped and also brought out another allergic reaction around my eyes :/ I've not been back to see the doc yet but my bp has hovered around 125/75 this last week without bp meds.

I wonder that if my bp was ok to start with and being put on bp meds perhaps the stomach cramps coming on after lying down for a few hours was a result of too low a blood pressure.... hmmm

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread