It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2007, 09:22 AM   #1
(female)

leilani3202 HB User
question for women about urinary tract infections...

Have any women out there experienced an increase in discharge after peeing when you have a urinary tract infection? Not sure if its something else wrong, or part of the UTI???

Old 08-29-2007, 08:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: question for women about urinary tract infections...

are you talking a vaginal discharge here or a discharge from the after you pee and 'something' besides pee comes out when you are done?just need some clarification.if this is vaginal,it would most likely be a seperate issue since the two systems do not really go 'within" each other in any real way.you know what i mean?seperate things,seperate issue type deal?i don't know for certain but i guess there "could" be a slim possibilitity that whatever is causing(the bacteria?)the UTI,"could' maybe also have contaminated the vaginal area too,thus creating its own little issue?just a thoguht.i would get it evaluated if this is not normal for you.better safe than sorry type thing ya know?good luck and please keep me posted on how you are doing.FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2007, 02:30 PM   #3
(female)

leilani3202 HB User

Yah its a vaginal discharge. it seems normal looking, just a little more coming out than usual...

Old 08-30-2007, 02:26 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User

Did you take antibiotics for the UTI? if so it could be thrush, when you take antibiotics it increases you chances of getting vaginal thrush. It may well be that. Go to Doctors and get a swab done and then it can be treated.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:00 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

you can also get yeast infections from the use of anti Bs too.it all depends on just what was actually used for the infection and what other bacteria was killed off that is the good kind.for some reason the vagina seems the hardest hit(as far as resulting infections)with the use of certain anti Bs.also,if you are on birth control pills,some anti Bs can also affect their ability to work properly.good luck,FB

Old 08-30-2007, 09:19 AM   #6
(female)

leilani3202 HB User

Yes i did take antibiotics. I took the last pill yesterday morning so ill see if it subsides or not. then i guess ill go to the doctor again...grrr...

Old 08-30-2007, 12:06 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User

i would say it definietely IS the antibiotics. they give me yeast.thrush infections when i take them, so usually after a bout of the tablets i will use a suppository or take an anti fungal pill. Usually does the trick, just a pain to be helping one ailment and getting another one in the bargain!!

Closed Thread