It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2007, 07:06 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

nokoBot HB User
I pick on my scalp to carve out dandruff, and it bleeds

I have done it for some time. I don't mean to make my scalp bleed but my dumbdandruff is so much and i get the urge to carve some out and get a big flake off to examine it.

But it bleeds really easily. all i do is carve a tough flake off and then it starts bleeding. Does it mean now i have a bunch of scars? i cant see it cause i have hair but if i we re bald , maybe i have a bunch of scars.

Or can i get cancer from it? or some infection?

Old 08-29-2007, 07:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User
Re: I pick on my scalp to carve out dandruff, and it bleeds

Cancer? No. Infection? Possible.

Buy yourself some T-Sal shampoo. It's made by Neutragena and it's really good for dandruff. Then try to stop picking at your head. If you can't stop, you might consider the possibility of OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2007, 08:16 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

nokoBot HB User

Well it's so itchy and soo much. like millions. So it's hard to stop. and nothing works, not even medicated shampoos. One time i tried Hongosan ( a few drops into head and shoulders shampoo). Hongosan is a solution for nail fungus. A doctor said that it was a little trick that might work: Mix in a few drops into your shampoo.

And it did work before a few months ago. I had no itch at all and i didn't pick at all. But this time that i'm using it it doesn't work anymoe. Maybe didn't add enough drops of hongosan

Old 08-29-2007, 08:22 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

at this point,before you scratch yourself totally raw,i would ask to be sent to a good dermatologist.you really need to find out just what this is.it does not sound like the regular type of plain old dandruff.sounds more like dermatitis or something along those lines.a good derm would know what to do for your problem.you just simply cannot go on with things the way they are.you will end up with a nasty infection at some point if the "carving' continues.good luck and let us know how you are doing.FB

Old 08-29-2007, 08:59 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SentenceDoing HB User

Sometimes dandruff shampoo makes dandruff worse. I get dandruff in the winter, and this past winter, I decided to try Head and Shoulders shampoo. It made it noticably worse- more flaking, and it made my scalp 5 times more itchy! I asked my hairdresser about it, and he said certain formulas of dandruff shampoo can make it worse, and he gave me a couple suggestions for other types of dandruff shampoo, but none of them worked and made it worse. So maybe you can try using a regular shampoo if you've been using only dadruff shampooos for a long time.

Old 08-29-2007, 12:48 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User

Feelbad is right - best to go see a dermatologist.

Closed Thread