It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2007, 07:16 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

hukleberrie HB User
Spleen?

I am really getting nervous... My doctor is concerned about my spleen.... I had a really severe kidney infection 2 months ago & ever since I have had horrible pain in my back left side, doctor says between the 9th & 11th ribs. Sometimes when my pain meds wear off & it gets really bad, it comes through to the front of my abd., just below my left breast. I have lost a lot of weight unintentionally & am very tired & weak. I have had non-stop colds/flus/infections since May... I just haven't felt myself. I have been having palpitations & periodic blood in urine. I also have burning off & on when I go pee, which is not that often (since I just don't get the urge to go anymore). I am swelling & even though I have lost 25+ pounds in 2 months, my rings don't fit on my fingers because they are swollen. I keep getting low grade fevers & just feel ill. The pain is getting worse & now my shoulder is hurting again. At first they thought kidney stones, but now she thinks the kidney is fine. Because my older brother was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, they are very aggressive on testing me for cancer, too. I am worried what it could be & what I might have to go through if it is the spleen. I just can't figure why I would have a spleen problem to begin with. The doctor did say I don't have Luekemia (my great grandmother had luekemia around my age), but I don't have much more info. My doc said there was a cancer test she was going to do on my urine, but I couldn't find any info about that online. I am just waiting waiting waiting to see what they say. I hate the waiting game. Do my symptoms sound like anyone else who has had spleen issues?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2007, 08:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Spleen?

have they ever done any type of scanning on the abdomen at all,even an ultrasound?have they been checking all of your labs?anything out of the norm show up on those?how is your liver,okay?if you could tell me just what types of testing or scans you have had so far and any findings,it would really help alot.thanks. FB

Old 08-29-2007, 09:09 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

hukleberrie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelbad View Post
have they ever done any type of scanning on the abdomen at all,even an ultrasound?have they been checking all of your labs?anything out of the norm show up on those?how is your liver,okay?if you could tell me just what types of testing or scans you have had so far and any findings,it would really help alot.thanks. FB
They thought it was kidney stones for a while, but I had a CT scan-stone protocol without contrast & it showed pelvic calcifications. Because of that, they did an IVP to find out if there were any stones - nope! I have had lots of urine & blood tests, I don't know exactly what was done. I was told my blood tests for the liver came out okay & that my thyroid is fine. Also, no luekemia. I had a pelvic ultrasound (not abd.) & that came back with a 2.5 cm cyst on my ovary, but I was told that would not cause rib pain. I just had a CT scan pelvic & abd. with & without contrast on Friday & the doc should have my results but I have not heard anything yet. I am scheduled for a total bone scan to see if there are any stress fractures (neck & chest & rib x-rays came back normal). I guess I should request copies of my labs... I have just been told that everything seems okay – nothing screaming abnormal. Mostly pain (horrible pain under my left ribs in back & abd.), weight loss, fatigue, WBC/RBCs in urine periodically. Any ideas?

Old 08-29-2007, 01:54 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

DebM412 HB User

What about lymphoma?

Old 08-29-2007, 02:44 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

hukleberrie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebM412 View Post
What about lymphoma?
Lymphoma! That's way scary!! I hope not... I don't have any swollen lymph nodes in my neck, I don't think anyway. Nothing I have noticed....

Still no word from my doctor on my CT scan. The pain is overwhelming & I am having a hard time functioning. Ugh. I hope they figure this out soon.

I didn't really see a whole lot of symptoms for lymphoma like the ones I have described... If anyone has had lymphoma or spleen issues, please post.

Closed Thread