It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2007, 12:17 PM   #1
(female)

helz16 HB User
Exclamation I'm Really Scared!

I think I might have a brain tumour! I don't know if I am really getting the symptoms or if they are just manifesting themselves because I have been looking them up, but for the past few days I've been feeling really tired even though I've been sleeping fine, and sometimes I can't seem to find the right word to use in a sentence. I've also been getting headaches more than usual and my eyes feel kind of strained. I've also had hiccups several times today which I later read could also be a symptom of a tumour. Am I just being stupid or could this really be something neuralogical? I'm really concerned because I'm starting my A Levels in a next Wednesday and I really don't a brain tumour impairing my mental ability! Please reply!

Old 08-29-2007, 12:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: I'm Really Scared!

whoa, take a step back for a minute! I doubt if it's a brain tumor.....
I'd start by getting your eyes checked.....when was the last time you went to the eye doctor? If you need glasses or are wearing the wrong prescription that would give some of those symptoms you've described.......
also you're probably stressed because of the A levels.....
take a deep breath, I don't think it's a brain tumor.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2007, 11:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

glamour girl HB User

I'm with Rosequartz on this one. Relax, take a deep breath. Get your eyes checked. Brain tumor have alot more symptoms than what yr describing. Stress can do alot to your body.
Headaches that are constant should always be looked into. Start with a eye check, if they're good. Get to a GP.

Good luck with your Search.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:22 AM   #4
(female)

lynne55 HB User

you need to throw that medical book away, if you look up every symptom you have, you can find you have nearly every disease going. My advice is "If it causes you to worry or you feel pain" then stop wasting time and get it looked into, this way if anything sinister is going on you stand a better chance of cure, they say "a fool and his money are soon parted" but a fool with his health could end up pushing up Daisies. L

Old 08-30-2007, 02:21 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User

Hiccups!! a sign of cancer? where? in the brain? surely not.

Ive never heard of that one before.

Doesnt sound like you have a brain tumour, id say more like A level stress. You dont need extra stress on top of taking exams. Get rid of that stress by going to the Doctor and telling him/her exactly what you have posted here.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:05 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

tho brain tumors can show themselves in many ways,the chances of you actually having one are really pretty slim at best,unless there is a predisposistion running thru your familiy.i agree with the others to get your eyes checked out.this would be the most likely cause of what your symptoms appear to be.put 'brain tumor' way way down at the bottom of the list of possibile reasons/causes for your symptoms,K?let us know how you are doing.FB

Old 08-30-2007, 08:01 AM   #7
(female)

helz16 HB User

Thank you for all your replies. I'm going to the doctor's on Monday for an unrelated throat infection, so I'll probably bring it up then if it's still bothering me.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:08 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User

Helz,

Dont probably bring it up with the Doctor DEFINITELY bring it up with the Doctor as its obviously worrying the heck out of you. Put your mind at rest, you dont need this extra worry on top of the exams coming up. Get it over with and lessen your load.

Closed Thread